X

Maybe SOON???!!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe SOON???!!?!?!

Here's the thread where my Kat took on a guard rail.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

So got all the parts I needed, but my lucked kicked in and the first two fairing stays I got were bent. And the sellers (BOTH KR members) were great about refunds. Finally found another one on Ebay, got it cheap, and he guaranteed it was straight (it is by the looks of it)....but he shipped it to me wrapped in plastic wrap thru USPS with no box?!??!!?

Haven't had a chance to wrench on the Kat at all.

Did get the replacement LH fairing stripped of it's evil factory stickers though.

Now just sand / spray bomb the fairing, bolt up the stay and gauges / headlight etc, add my flush mounts and my rear plate mounted signals and I should be good to go for now.

coaching baseball has been keeping me busy.

Wrecked bike 5/31. Started gathering parts

6/5 Chosen to Manage the 11 year old All Star in my son's Little League (I also coach travel ball).

6/15 Started practice for District tourney

7/12 Started District LL Tournament -- won it. Team went 4-0.

7/18 Start practicing for the 11 year old State LL Tournament (out of town tourney)

7/24 Report to tournament

7/31 Get home. Went 3-2 Out of 16 Teams, ended up 3rd best LL Team in the State. (Should have won it).

8/4 Go back to work. Start try outs for Fall 08-Spring 09 Season for Travel Ball.

8/9-10 - HOPE HOPE HOPE to get most of the work done on the Kat. (THAT'S IF I can convince my wife that NOT cutting grass to fix the bike is the LOGICAL decision)

This time of the year is always crazy for me. Not riding has been driving me NUTS.

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
    8/9-10 - HOPE HOPE HOPE to get most of the work done on the Kat. (THAT'S IF I can convince my wife that NOT cutting grass to fix the bike is the LOGICAL decision)

This time of the year is always crazy for me. Not riding has been driving me NUTS.
    My Wife wont let me touch HER lawn mower, except to fix it when she breaks it (and to buy it gas). She's broke it 3 times so far this year. I aint complainin tho, trust me on that one.

Hope you get away with the little bit longer grass.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Let the grass grow some more. Get out there and get that Kat on the road. Winter will be here before you know it
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

you will have plenty of time to cut the grass winter is right around the corner good luck on your repairs but hurry the clock is ticking
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

So FINALLY I was able to spend some time on the Kat.

Got the replacement fairing and fender sanded down. Decided just to rattle can and clear it for now. I just want to ride........

Here's the fairing with just the Duplicolor silver (pretty close match to what my bike was painted with)

After 3 light coats of clear and a medium to heavy coat......

I'm sure with some color sanding it would look even better..but did I mention I just WANT TO RIDE!!!?

I have to run a practice this afternoon, but tonight or tomorrow night after work I'll put the bike up on the stand and mount the replacement fairing stay, gauges, headlight etc. After that it's install my flush mount signals, install my plate mounted rear signals and bolt it together...

Comment

Working...
          X