X

you gotta hear about my luck!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you gotta hear about my luck!!!

so yesterday morning before another day of slaving for my boss, im on ebay looking for fairing for my 05 kat 600. yet again i was wasting my time until i saw a pic that said parting out katana 600. there was a phone number so i called. the guy says he will sell me the bike outright sight unseen. i asked my girlfriend, she said yes and i offered $500. he accepted!!!!! down fall is that he wanted me to get it after i got off work. 5 hours away! i get off at 5 oclock. gonna be a long one.

we take off in the cage(a 97 blazer) and start. about an hour away from the guys house, the rear seal in the tranny blows. spraying tranny fluid all over. i take care of it on the road a shove off. we get to the guys house at 2am and under the carport is a 2006 katana 600. the entire bike was there minus the battery, and title.

i load up and take off at 3am. having 2 do 55 miles an hour cause of the truck. im going to be using the fairing an d brackets and other parts. when im done im going to try 2 get rid everything thats left. motors frames all kinda stuff. ill keep yall updated. im gonna take pics and post em if my buddy will help me out with it. talk about luck huh?

Geez...... I hope it was his bike and not the neighbour's (Then again....maybe he had an anal neighbour who was away on holidays!!)
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

good find!

I do hope you've got a bill of sale from him though.
      sigpic
      2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Hi... Possession is 9/10's of the law.

Comment

Ask the cops to run the VIN -- after you remove the plastics

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Guaranteed hot. Anyone here missing an 06 Kat? No title? 500 bucks? Pick up at 2 a.m.? If I were you, I'd give the Police a nice ride to his house. Tell em you bought it without the fairing and collect a nice reward. Oh yeah, and there is that thing about if it were your bike you would really hope that someone would return it to you. Come on man, do the right thing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
              Come on man, do the right thing.
              Claire! Come on Claire! Ya, come on Claire!

Comment

from what I hear lately there's a ton of bikes getting yoinked and sold way underpriced, do they make any kind of anti theft equipment for a motorcycle? like......the "club" or something. I just put a big stick in the spokes and old bubble gum on the seat in hopes nobody jacks my bike at work

Comment

Originally posted by kat6hundo View Post
                  do they make any kind of anti theft equipment for a motorcycle? like......the "club" or something. I just put a big stick in the spokes and old bubble gum on the seat in hopes nobody jacks my bike at work
                  they sure do.... something like this? http://www.xenasecurity.com/home/current/lock/
                  sigpic
                  2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

wow
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

thats bike is hotttttttttttttttttttt in more ways than one
                      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

You stole that bike, literally
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

just a lucky find

no I have a reciept with a bill of sale, cops ran the numbers today. As of 07 the bike is not reported stolen so I guess it is a good find.

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                          Geez...... I hope it was his bike and not the neighbour's (Then again....maybe he had an anal neighbour who was away on holidays!!)
                          Last edited by ken123allen; 08-07-2008, 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by ken123allen View Post
                            no I have a reciept with a bill of sale, cops ran the numbers today. As of 07 the bike is not reported stolen so I guess it is a good find.
                            If that's the case...I'll give you 650 for it. But that's my final offer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                              If that's the case...I'll give you 650 for it. But that's my final offer.
                              Nah bud, I'm good! Maybe after I've stripped everything I need off of it! LOL You know how hard it is to get fairing. We are going to post pictures now.

Comment

Working...
                              X