No announcement yet.
X

Katana with a Gixxer engine anyone????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana with a Gixxer engine anyone????

Has anyone ever rode a Katana with a Gixxer 1100 engine in it????

Corey and I have!!!!!

Thats right, the Mexitana is Running!!!

We rode it for a coupla miles around the airport tonight. Man did that feel good! Now we just need to get the D&D Exhaust mounted, and the carbs tuned in, and it will be all set... Well, Kinda

Turns out the 40mm carbs are to big. The top pf the carb hits the fuel petcock, so they tank can not go down all the way. As soon as I get some cash intake, I am going to get another set, the correct set, then I will be able to put the rest of the body on. SO until then, I will be riding NeKKiD!!!!! :P

Don't hate, appreciate!

Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I have the correct set of carbs for that engine, and I want yours...so don't be making any other deals there, you crazy mexican. btw....something you might like to know, if you don't already... with that 1100, I believe you can use a 600 header. it is the same spacing between exhaust ports. you can't use a 750 tho. so you should be able to slap an exhaust designed for a 600 right on there.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
      I have the correct set of carbs for that engine, and I want yours...so don't be making any other deals there, you crazy mexican. btw....something you might like to know, if you don't already... with that 1100, I believe you can use a 600 header. it is the same spacing between exhaust ports. you can't use a 750 tho. so you should be able to slap an exhaust designed for a 600 right on there.
      Actually, we were able to mount a 91/92 Gixxer Header to it. Mounted right up after we bent Cylinder 1 pipe out a bit to fit. I also have a 93 1100 Gixxer header, with the dual outlet exhaust, but I may be selling that one. I was going to put a dual exhaust on it. And I pm'ed you back on the carbs. Sounds like this may just work out
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Wow, a gixxer 1100 with a D&D? Get ready for some decibel loving.

Comment

holy crapola!

Comment

Hot dizamn!!! .. the mexitana is finally running.. congrats lou !!

Comment

I appreciate...the fact that I hate you.

Get 'er done man...we're wating.

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

A Pingel fuel valve may give you the clearance you need without having to replace the carbs.
                  '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

dude...pics!?!?
                    Hello World.

Comment

Finally!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awsome, I agree, were are the freakin' pics???
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

yeah, ur the one always griping to see pics, now its our turn!

Comment

I don't want pics, I want to see a vidio!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

wow

So lets figure a Gixxer 1100 motor is rated what 20% higher HP than my stock Kat 1100 and nude that should save some #s WOW get the vid taken and inprogress pic's
                            William the Wild1
                            Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

Re: wow

Originally posted by Wild1_Robertson
                              So lets figure a Gixxer 1100 motor is rated what 20% higher HP than my stock Kat 1100 and nude that should save some #s WOW get the vid taken and inprogress pic's
                              You have to figure a little less....or more depending on the years.
                              In case you are curious, I will break it down for you. 89 was the year the kat and the gix went to the 1127 motor in place of the 1052. The slight hp gain was due, to the carbs. HP is lower on US bikes, because of this. Anyway, here is hp for the gix and the kat 1127 motors from 89 to 93:

89 gix 138hp
                              89-93 kat 136 hp

90 gix 143hp (with the Slingshot carburetors)
                              90 gix 136 hp (US model)

91-92 gix 145hp (hp gain is due primarily to larger cabs)

The kat kept the same engine as the gix through 92, where the only real diff in hp between the 2 came from the carbs. The kat kept the same carbs, but the gix went bigger. The gix went through different designs which allowed for the growth in carbs. To fit those carbs on the kat would have meant a redesign of the bike...or else you run into the problem Lou ran into....and I am wondering if I am not going to have the same trouble fitting them to mine. 93 was the last year for the 1100 kat with the 1127 in North America. It was reintroduced in 94 with new graphics (only change), but not sold in North America. Many think the 93 was the last model, but it was in production up to 97. They only went to a few countries, and we were not on that list.

93 was the year the gix went to the 1074 water cooled and the 40mm carbs. 93 and 94 had 155hp. The ones from 95-98 had 156hp. And that was the end of the 1100's.

Just a little info in case you didn't know it already...or were curious.
                              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X