X

Signal Tripper

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Tripper

Has anyone ever used the Green Light Signal Tripper? None of the sensored lights around my house work with my bike. I'd love to take a left turn or go straight occasionally. All of the right turns are making weird wear patterns in my tires.

The Signal Tripper sounds like a scam, though....sigh...

If they don't trip for your Kat when you put the Kat directly over the cut-line in the ground, odds are they won't trip for the signal tripper either. Not all areas use magnetic sensors (a lot of places use piezo-electric sensors, in which case the magnetics do nothing -- but braking hard at the very end of your braking, to force more down-force on the sensor does).

The signal trippers are primarily for bikes with aluminum frames where there simply isn't enough magnetic field to make a difference -- the Kat, with it's steel frame, has a pretty big magnetic disturbance field.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd be willing to give it a shot for that price... but also too, becareful if you do break harder at the oncoming light, as there tends to be alot of fluid and debris on the roads at intersections since cars to sit for a period of time alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
        I'd be willing to give it a shot for that price... but also too, becareful if you do break harder at the oncoming light, as there tends to be alot of fluid and debris on the roads at intersections since cars to sit for a period of time alot.
        Good Point! Safety first!

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Not only the fluids, but alot of intersections around here have some serious ruts you have to watch out for.
          It's not speed that kills, it's trying to stop!

91 Katana 600f gunmetal and blue
          92 Mazda Miata (LANEWVR)
          New!! 81 Cadillac Coupe Deville
          http://photobucket.com/albums/c194/Devilln/

Comment

No Don't!!! I have it and it sucks!

All it is, is a magnet...a VERY weak one. I would suggest finding an industrial strength magnet if you want to try it. I'll keep running red lights

Comment

I picked one up like that off ebay, not that brand but something like it. Paid a little more for it too I think. Anyways, it's seemed to work fine for the lights around me that I frequent, ones that used to leave me sitting and praying for another car to come along to trip it for me. I just ziptied it to the cross bar on the center stand. It probably doesn't work for all lights, but it does what it's supposed to for the ones I need to get through the most often, so I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
              X