X

Thanks Cp!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Cp!

Hey guys, just thought I would spread a bit of the appreciation Karma out to CP. I installed speakers into my helmet using these headphones
    And frankly, they worked wonderously. I could clearly hear my music up till around 85mph.
    This is the MP3 playerI am using, if you are curious. Then, I finally decided to get a pair of earplugs and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I can barely hear wind (until I hit tripple digets, that is) and made my trips much better as a whole. Even better, but there was virutally no change in how loud my music was weather or not I had the ear plugs in.

So at 115mph (down a strait highway, with no traffic) I could still CLEARLY hear rammstein jamming in the background. It was absolutely fantastic.

So I just thought I would reccomend doint this to those who haven't yet, and to shout out to CP for being a great help.

I will have to keep this in mind, I have an MP3 Player on layaway that I should be getting in a month or so. I decided to buy the Zen Creative 5gig MP3/WMA/FM player ... looking forward to the music.
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

yeah, it was definately a good decision

Comment

Sounds cool , but *I* can still hear MY Rammstein (good stuff there !) clearly with MY cheap-a$$ Koss headphones and Sony walkman up to whatever speed I take it , which usually ain't much passed 100 . That's without having to crank it way up , too . Yeah , I'm cheap , but your set-up sounds nice , too !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Great setup and cheers out to ya for wearing the ear plugs.. ever since the first time I wore them, I dont ride without them, it never ceases to amaze me how much of a difference it makes.

Comment

Crackshot, sounds very nice!. I will be doing his set-up soon (when I have the time)

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

well I tried earlier with a cheap set of headphones, and they just werend comfortable. But those tiny sony headphones have specatucular sound fit really well into my HJC CS-12 Helmet.

I also bought a carrying case and then (using velcrow) attached the MP3 player to my cener consol right beneath the windscreen. The wind doesn't bug it, stays secure, and I can read the screen and change the volume/song/switch to radeo. Its a really sweet setup. Cost minus the mp3 player? 20 bucks.

Comment

I strap my MP3 player to my Right arm, and can control it with my left. I haven't got to use my new Koss Earbuds yet, but I am thinking they will work pretty spiffy, like a earplug, and a speaker in 1.
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

i just plug myself into my I-pod and go.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I strap my MP# player to my Right arm, and can control it with my left. I haven't got to use my new Koss Earbuds yet, but I am thinking they will work pretty spiffy, like a earplug, and a speaker in 1.
                    I used to wear just the headphones at work (no music) as earplugs . It's LOUD where I work . If they're stuck in your ear right they DO work just like earplugs . And you can replace the foam with earplugs if you poke a hole in them .

Comment

I strap my MP# player to my Right arm, and can control it with my left. I haven't got to use my new Koss Earbuds yet, but I am thinking they will work pretty spiffy, like a earplug, and a speaker in 1.
                      I have the Koss Earbuds and they work really well... untill you have to take your lid off at a gas station or something. They are a real pain in the ass to get back in. Also, I found that wearing them for trips that are > than 2 hours can start to hurt, because some of the plastic piece rests againt my ear. But thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                        I have the Koss Earbuds and they work really well... untill you have to take your lid off at a gas station or something. They are a real pain in the ass to get back in. Also, I found that wearing them for trips that are > than 2 hours can start to hurt, because some of the plastic piece rests againt my ear. But thats just me.
                        Are you sure you are placing them in your ear right? There is a trick to placing ear plugs in your ear, you scrunch up the foam with one hand, and use your opposite hand for the ear you are placing them in to reach around your head, and lift on the ear to get them placed well. You then let the foam expand, and let your ear go. Wala! Nice tight plug, with no hassle!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Well , they DO get a bit uncomfortable after a while . It's like the helmet presses them more or something . I've heard of people who shorten the tubes and cut the foam a bit . I just deal with it . And they DO flop out as soon as you remove your helmet , but that's okay . It sometimes hurts a bit when that happens , though . Walk it off !

Comment

I cant deal w/ the foam ear plugs.. they never seem to stay in my ear correctly.. when they expand, its not as comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                            X