X

Lost it today. Hit the pavement......., low side into a high

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost it today. Hit the pavement......., low side into a high

I was out playing on the back roads this evening and practicing tighter cornering. Getting my knee down and getting faster, cornering tighter and tighter, and then it happens. Lost the front end in a patch of sand, try to hold the bike up with my knee while it is desperately trying to lowside on top of me, and then the tires regain a slight purchase on the trash on top of the so called pavement. So......... now we go from a potential really sucky low side into an instantaneous flip over the top highside. I still came off the left while the bike slammed over on the right and then came to a rest. Put a friction hole in my left pant leg, but no skin damage. The bike faired ok I guess. Slightly tweaked right side foot peg, but the tail got rashed and cracked a bit. Guess I'll deal with it for now and fix it later. Already had a stress crack in the other side anyways. She fired right up with just a touch of flooding, but will be ok and is still ridable.

Live and learn. Live and learn....................

Anyone know where to find a tail fairing for a pocket bike? 5mph feels like you are railing on this thing cornering
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

At least you didn't high side Ron, that thing would have crushed you

Glad to hear you're in one piece, as well as you mini.

Comment

That's the pocket bike??? How fast were you going?
      My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Never mind, I just read the bottom of the picture
        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

atleast you didnt have far to fall

Sorry for accident, glad you're ok ron!

Comment

LOL, was looking at that pictur and thinking WTF kind of bike is that, looks kinda like an off-road tire, and then I scrolled down. I didn't even notice the pull-start, or the cable brake.

Comment

Yeah, really threw me off. I was asking my self "HOw bad do you have to wreck to get your kat to look like THAT

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                Yeah, really threw me off. I was asking my self "HOw bad do you have to wreck to get your kat to look like THAT
                Oh, don't get me wrong............. I can post a pic of the Kat that would make you cringe

You don't get fast on anything without a mistake or two along the way! The key is to take the chance to begin with and then get back on after you find that you have exceeded the limit! That poor Katana has been through hell and been brought back to show condition! Hmmmmmmm. should I put a pic or two up??????
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Re: Lost it today. Hit the pavement......., low side into a

Originally posted by meanstrk
                  ...Lost the front end in a patch of sand, try to hold the bike up with my knee while it is desperately trying to lowside on top of me, and then the tires regain a slight purchase on the trash on top of the so called pavement. So......
                  If you get a purple heart for a combat-zone injury on your pocket-rocket, I'm going to die laughing!

Glad to hear you're ok.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Of course you hit a patch of sand.... YOU ARE IN THE DESERT!!!!!!!

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking , Joonia ! Wonder how much trouble you'd be in for if you HAD hurt yourself on that thing ...
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

WOW! It sucks about your bike, but I'm really glad you're okay. The damage to the bike could have been a lot worse than what is. *hugs*
                        KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

don't do that!!!! You had me scared to death! Glad you are ok, sorry about the bike, suck it up
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

tim

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                              Originally posted by Crackshot
                              Oh, don't get me wrong............. I can post a pic of the Kat that would make you cringe

You don't get fast on anything without a mistake or two along the way! The key is to take the chance to begin with and then get back on after you find that you have exceeded the limit! That poor Katana has been through hell and been brought back to show condition! Hmmmmmmm. should I put a pic or two up??????
                              Glad to hear you are ok!!!!!! 8)
                              Yes post some pics!!!
                              Be carefull!!
                              Happy Riding!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                              X