Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Do you let your son/daughter ride with you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you let your son/daughter ride with you?

I'm just curious on this one ... I will take my daughter for a ride (with a helmet of course). I have a friend who is strongly against me doing that, but I drive carefully and we go short distances (to the mall or school ... she loves getting picked up on the bike at school 8) ). So ... what do ya'll think?
    Yes I will let my kid ride with me
    0%
    No way, I leave my kid at home
    0%
    I don't have any kids but I think it's okay
    0%
    I don't have any kids and I think it's a bad idea
    0%
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

I would (if I had kids) pick up my kids from school just to make them look cool

(I would also help my kids beatup bullies )

Comment

I don't have any kids, but I've let lot's of other people's daughters ride with me...
      (of course, they were all old enough to not need their parent's permission anymore, but that's a moot point, right?)

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
        I would (if I had kids) pick up my kids from school just to make them look cool

(I would also help my kids beatup bullies )
        I like the way you think!!

My daughter goes to a Montessori school, and they kinda rely on parents helping out here and there. Every monday I teach a safety awareness/martial arts class for the kids in her class, and they all know me as Mr. Jason. When I teach the class I show up on the bike! With Suzi (my Katana) and my participation, my baby girls is lookin pretty cool.

Comment

well, i took my little bro out for a 2 or 3 mile ride. he was 8 or 9 yrs old at the time. i explained to him the best i could about what he should and should not do. i let him wear my helmet and jacket and rode off. all n all it was ALRIGHT. i had to ride slower than usual of course and i kind of had to shift him in place a little bit because he kept on looking at the ground(he told me it was so cool to see the ground beneath him) point is i think that if you're a good enough rider, the kid can comprehend the danger, and knows how to follow instructions, than i think its OK.
          Hello World.

Comment

Sounds like your daughter's got it made

edit: ReyRey...was that little boy you...and the rider Jay Leno?

Comment

I've taken the little guy riding

When I'm off I take him to and from school on the Kat and he loves it. He's got his own Jacket, helmet and gloves. And so far has been a pretty good passenger. We even showed up at Nannies one afternoon for a visit. It's about 30 minutes away and we hit all the twisty roads on the way.

His sister hasn't tried it yet, but I'm sure if I told her we were going to Rotten Ronnies or somewhere she wanted to go she would ride there.
              Kyle

Comment

back when i was on the ole Ninja 500 i used to ride my girl and her kids all the time. and now no excuse is good enough for me not to ride them. the Kat came with a suprized bent swingarm (got one coming whoo hoo!!!). And they think that im just wanting to go solo all the time(bradda solo cowl will really have em jumpin for joy)but i really dont mind cause i know how much love i have for the 2 wheels
                a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                  ...ReyRey...was that little boy you...and the rider Jay Leno?
                  haha jp i h8 u
                  Hello World.

Comment

I have taken my 8 yr old niece for a couple of rides. She loves it, but her mom hates it....but my bro calms her mom down. Last spring I picked her up during school hours (I am the only one besides her parents who can go take her out of school) and her class just happened to be on ground floor overlooking the parking lot. All her liitle friends...and her teacher....were all in the window watching her get all bundled up and get on the bike. She was like a queen for a day and all her little friends were all amazed. being cool at a young age like that does wonders for a kids spirits.
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Ive taken my daughter on many rides, 10 yrs old, she loves it.. not long ones or anything, just around the block or down to a convenience store quick for something.

My 3 yr old is ready to go now too!! but he'll have to wait for awhile yet.

Comment

Two boys.........8 and 11. Both enjoy going on the bike. Older has been on the road, younger likes to keep it in the neighborhood. Wife is comfortable with it.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

both my 10 yr old son and my 13 yr old daughter have ridden with me. my daughter is the one who really likes to ride, i've taken her out for a couple hour ride. she's almost the same size as my wife so all the gear fits her too! i just take it easier than normal when they ride with me.

Comment

This is awesome, I didn't think this many people would approve. My little one LOVES to ride around on the bike. Until I can get her a helmet of her own, she uses mine and I use the crappy spare helmet I have. First time I took her out was just around the parking lot and I was sure it would scare her ... but I heard her yelling "GO FASTER!!" go figure eh? I've picked her up from school a couple times, and we'll go to the mall on the Kat... she's a natural too, great passanger! We just might have another biker in the family

Comment

My boys love to ride with me ages 4 and 7 just around the subdivison for my little guy with his helmet and jacket he loves it and for my 7 year old to and from school and short trips and yes at that age when your Dad or Mom picks you up at the end of the school day on a motorcycle YES YOUR KID COOL STATS GOES UP LIKE THE PRICE OF GAS
                              Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
                              Mesh Mod
                              K&N Filters
                              Chrome Decal Kit
                              Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
                              K&S black Bar Ends
                              Sportech Chrome Windshield
                              Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
                              Clear flush signals (front)

Comment

Working...
                              X