No announcement yet.
X

new bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha. One of those deals where only a long day will tell you what you need to know. I will say this: Multiple trips from the coast of NC to New Orleans in 15 hours or less, weekend raids to Deals Gap which is a 9 hour ride each way, and numerous all day Sunday rides, and I have yet to have any issues with comfort. The only thing I would suggest on a long trip (and this is recommended no matter what bike) is to use a kidney belt. This also helps support the lower back and relieves pressure.

I went to a set of 1st Generation handlebars on my Bandit since they come up higher, but a set of bar risers do the same thing. Once again, personal preference in riding position.
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I do have to relate one other thing....... I have a friend that lives near Palm Springs, CA. He has a Bandit that is a premier example of a Bandit 1200. About 170hp and TONS of money into it. He also has back problems and is more comfortable on his 03 Gixxer 1000 due to less pressure on his lower back. He was looking at selling the Bandit a while back because of those problems but instead decided to install a set of clip on bars from a CBR Blackbird.
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

It's interesting what people percieve...I'm always asked "Doesn't that hurt your back?" (the Katana I mean...). Heck no!!! It feels great on my back! Think about it. Where's the pressure? On your wrists and forearms. Perfect for lower back issues. But not good for neck issues!! Gotta hold that helmet up, can't stare down at the road for more than a few seconds.
        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

The ZZR's are solid bikes and quite comfortable.. a co worker of mine has a zzr600 and just loves it, plus that dual exhaust is sweet! Consider the VFR Interceptor as well. Looks cool as hell,and very comfortable to ride.

Comment

I know what you mean. I have done a few 500 to 1000 mile days on the Kat as well! The tank bag is a GREAT pillow!
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Working...
            X