X

Why is it this way??????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it this way??????

I have been riding for 15 years and I have had several friends who ride Harley's. However when I ride and see other guys on Harley's or Crusiers and I wave I get nothing back. Why do people have to act like that? I wave at everyone that is riding on a rocket or cruiser. Hell I have even waved at scooter dude. Any comments or insite into this common practice would be appreciated.
    Chris Powell

who really knows the real reason behind this i get the same thing everytime

Comment

Chris, it's just that way with them. Particularly in Northern VA. It's usually better around Manassas, from what I've seen, but it seems the closer you get to DC, the fewer the waves. I wave at everybody when I see them. If they wave back, they wave and if they don't, I just don't sweat it.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Neo,

Yeah it sucks maybe I shouldn't sweat it. I would think that a rider is a rider and the mutual respect would carry through. Let me know when you want to hit the streets for a ride I will try to get a kitchen pass.
        Chris Powell

Comment

I won't wave at a cruiser first for that reason, I got tired of being shunned, now I will only wave at a cruiser if they wave first. I wave at sport bikes every time.

Comment

the real reason.............

they are wondering the same thing

i know i have stopped twice for people, and one guy got all ****ed, hate to, but i don't stop any more.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I draw the line at scooters!

well, except maybe a burgman or a silverwing, they actually seem pretty useful, wouldn't mind one for going to work and getting groceries and such.

Bah, who am I kidding, I would drive anything on two wheels! if I could find a nice cheap 100mpg moped I would be cruising around on that!

Comment

That is my point to anything on 2 wheels deserves a wave.
                Chris Powell

Comment

I'd say I get waves from 80% of riders all across the board. Cruisers are just as likely to wave as sportbikes. At least that's what I've noticed.

Comment

The outskirts of my area is popular for riding and I've never had one rider not wave back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmaster View Post
                      Neo,

Yeah it sucks maybe I shouldn't sweat it. I would think that a rider is a rider and the mutual respect would carry through. Let me know when you want to hit the streets for a ride I will try to get a kitchen pass.
                      Sounds cool. We can drive up and down Sudley and beat the pizz out of anyone that doesn't wave.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by jhawkins View Post
                        I draw the line at scooters!

well, except maybe a burgman or a silverwing, they actually seem pretty useful, wouldn't mind one for going to work and getting groceries and such.

Bah, who am I kidding, I would drive anything on two wheels! if I could find a nice cheap 100mpg moped I would be cruising around on that!
                        I waved at a Burgy on my way down to Ephrata on Sunday... the guys were bustin' my balls over it. Look, I'll say 'hey' to anyone on two wheels that isn't riding like an ARSEhole...
                        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I usually draw the line at scooters unless they initiate the wave, usually cruisers its about 50%, and no matter what i always feel like i have to wave first to every bike, anyone else feel like this.
                          New Ride

Sold Kat

Comment

It may be different for you guys that can ride all year, But I find up here early in the season and late in the season when the hardcore riders are out everyone waves.

Once the warm weather arrives then you get the guys that ignore you.

Personally I wave to everyone, it they don't wave back I don't waste time worrying about it.
                            Kyle

Comment

I wave at all bikers if you wave back its all good if you do not hey what can I do you cant make people wave life goes on
                              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
                              X