Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Finally did it!... Damn gravel driveways!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally did it!... Damn gravel driveways!

Backing her out of the garage last night... hit a rut in the lawn that was there due to an addition being put on the house and it was all over. Literally. Held on to her for as long as I possibly could before letting her go in the grass. Thankfully, no cracks or anything huge, just a few less than 1" scratches and a small dent in my less than week old Scorpion slip-on. Oh, and some of the silver foil peeled off the Katana emblem.

I will be purchasing some sliders and touchup paint today to remedy the situation.

It feels like my brake handle might have moved a bit, which I am going to adjust tomorrow. I was just wondering if there are any other mechanical items I should look at beyond this? I rode right after the fall and everything felt okay. Handlebars still seemed to be straight....

Just an excuse to paint her this winter, I guess....
    Power is nothing without control.

I know what it's like man... They recently graveled and tarred our drive, and though I took it very slow, when I eased in on the brake to park her, the front wheel slipped out and the bike goes down... Kinda ****ed that it happened, but when your on only 2 wheels it's bound to happen some time or another...
    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

i layed mine down at speed and only had to replace the stator cover (hole was worn into it) shes run fine since and that was going down @60mph
      so many roads so little time

Comment

I dropped mine the day i got, was backing out of the driveway with one foot in the yard and my foot found a hole my dog dug, suddenly with zero ground under one foot we both went leaning left and down we went, luckily when my foot hit the bottom of the hole I was able to keep it from slamming down and set it down easy with 0 damage.

Comment

Hey, it happens, I dropped my 06 Kat on my driveway. Its a hill, and I have a gravel side drive (gravel gets on the regular drive).

It happens, its better then high siding (done that too).
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

It happens all the time, don't sweat it.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Sliders are a good investment.
              www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
              Katana Frame Sliders
              The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
              98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
              I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Working...
              X