X

Rearview mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearview mirrors

I was wondering if anybody has the same problem as me,when I look in the mirrors I always see my elbows,they are always blocking my view right behind my bike.I don't know if it is bad placement of the mirrors or what?Is it just me or is this a problem with all Kats and do you have a solution. Also when I adjust the mirrors to minimize my blind spots (turning them out)I can hardly see anything behind me without moving my head to check all the time. I have a 05 kat 750.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

I dont have a problem seeing my elbows at all, they are right in the middle of the mirror! Just kidding, I have never owned a bike that I could see perfectly out of my mirrors. I always have to pull my elbow in to see. Dont rely on them to change lanes, always turn your head to look and see what is beside and behind you. I only use them to see what is directly behind me and to watch traffic stopping behind me.
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Comment

Well, I have the exact same bike, and the exact same problem...

I think that we're trying to do something that's not meant to exist, which is looking behind you... We were almost all driving cars before bikes, and we kinda miss the rearview mirror...

So I think it's normal, and as you mentionned, when you set your mirrors to see your sides, you don't see behind anymore... Just like a car...

So I set them up mid-way, if I want to see behind me, I move my head ever so slightly, and catch a glimps behind me, just a quick look. If I dont move and just look in my mirrors, I see the sides like you described...

Aramis

Comment

There is always this...

Comment

Thanks for your input,and I always check my blind spots before changing lanes
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

How much does the helmet cost? $$$$$
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Are you a "big" boy

I totally agree with Aramis, its is very difficult to see directly behind you with side mirrors.
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

5 foot 10 195lbs , I like romantic walks on........ just kidding!!
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

you might wanna try this:

i used 1" spacers and longer bolts to mount the mirrors. so now they sit a little higher. you'll be surprised with the difference an inch makes. just my $.02
                  PAUL
                  93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Ive never owned a bike that I didnt see atleast alittle bit of my elbows with, its just par for the course for the most part..try and aim your mirrors out, so you can see more of whats behind you and less of urself. you can only go so far, as to not increase your blind spot too much, but even alittle bit helps.

Comment

Mirrors? I took those off and put them in a box. Block off plates are the way to go!

Comment

Simple question (perhaps too simple): Have you adjusted them as much as possible? Putting the bike on the centerstand, you may find you can adjust them while stationary to get more of the picture into your frame of view.

As for me, it seems to depend on what I'm wearing -- my Joe Rocket leather is fine, but if I'm wearing my Polo (German riding gear) jacket, the extra thickness and GP-style padding blocks part of my view.

PS - seqx34, great mod!

Good Luck!
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          PS - seqx34, great mod!

Good Luck!
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          WOW. thanks CP!
                          PAUL
                          93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                            5 foot 10 195lbs , I like romantic walks on........ just kidding!!

Very cool idea seqx34!!
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I've mastered the elbow lift myself...
                              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                              X