X

My own version of a fender eliminater bracket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own version of a fender eliminater bracket

After riding with people who have custom tails, with their plate mounted on the undertail, which gives it a nice clean look...I decided to take my bracket and try to make something out of it, which complimented the rear more.

so heres some before pics:

and after pics:

I love the way this looks, it didnt take much time at all to do, its just two strips of sheet metal. I bent the lower end of the plate inward, so it not only follows the lines better, but also hides the wires from my turn signals.

What do you all think?

As as long as the popo's can see the registration number and all the characters on your plate, thats all that m atters !! I've seen this before on sportbikes, cool !!

Comment

Wow it dissapears from the side!!!
      I don't think Texas likes you to bend the plates..
      (you get fined if the "texas" isn't 100% visable)

But I'm gonna try tucking mine.. cool mod..

It's also nice to see you recycle!!

Comment

what about the plate expiration sticker? Can that be seen?
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

yea, its sideways, and to the left...next to the L

I havent had any problems with it either...yet at least lol

Comment

I do like the look of it from the side, especially. It disappears, like peter said.

Originally posted by Need4Speed
            As as long as the popo's can see the registration number and all the characters on your plate, thats all that m atters !! I've seen this before on sportbikes, cool !!
            I don't know about ALL states, but in many states any modification of the license plate is not legal. That includes trimming or covering any part, or even bending. I suspect you won't catch too much trouble, as long as you are polite if you get pulled over, but that may give them a reason to hassle you.

Nice work.
            Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

I love the way it looks, What color red is the paint?

Comment

Where did you get that fender eliminator kit? I am looking for one for my pre 98 and that looks really good.

Comment

Thanks everyone,
                  the color is calypso red, i believe its based off Lotus automobiles.

the shock is a chrysler red, a little brighter.

Its not really bent to much, plus it adds protection to the wires as well as hides them.

if they ever give me a prob, ill just bend it back for the rest of the season

Comment

I bet the bike is faster now too...less drag.

I like the black exhaust...bike looks really nice

Comment

sooner or later, maybe after i get my 2001 rim, ill be looking for some nominations...lol

Comment

Very similar to my setup. Mine's just a piece of flat aluminum with two bends. Also in the pic are the LED washer nozzles I use for lighting, bling bling. My main problem with this setup is that it is hard to get proper lighting on it. I extended two white LED's in front of it. I'm looking at getting some of those license plate bolts that light the plate.
                        Attached Files
                        '01 TL1000R

Comment

mystahagy, I like that mount. No bending and it looks real solid.

The previous owner of my bike used zip-ties to hold the license plate on The plate flapped in the breeze and could scratch the paint under the tail piece.

I made a bracket from an angled aluminum ... angle-thing. I used all stainless steel hardware and put some rubber bumpers on the top side to cushion the plastic tail pieces from scratches.
                          Attached Files
                          Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X