X

No more poincina for me...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused.

Are those traffic signs on your "Personal Track".

Um, I might be wrong but that looks like an Industrial park, not privately owned property.
    Sorry "KP" I'm not sure you have leg to stand on, Legally I mean.

Here comes the hate mail. Yikes!
    "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

well

Avatar Property owns it, we go there on the weekens.... So yes it is private property, and we did not get a ticket for tresspassing. Here in fl cops in back woods are just bored off their ass and need shit like this to keep busy, there are so many other issues that hit the news every day (loacally) but that is not important I guess.

Well this weekend I learned how to power slide, and prooved to be the fastest corner carver in the group... So I will take my money and sell the gix and cancell the insurance and put it in a new 04 race R6 and say a big F-U to these red necks cops and Race CCS on the weekends...

good luck to all you road riders, carefull out there--- The Pilot has officially hung his wings....

KP-

Comment

damn that sucks man! good luck with the racing though. dont be a stranger, come back and say hi. we'll need pics
        -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Ohh yea.. you can count on this> I will always be proud to say I started in the mighty Kat.

KP-

Comment

i'm lost. you stated 'personal track' ( owned by someone else ) but the picture of the cops shows a public road. were you guys riding on private property & got a ticket ? or on a public street & the cops called it racing ?

what did he write on the ticket ? and of couse a curious mind wants to know the damages.

tim

Comment

Well

The propery is owned by avatar propertys.... The cop told us to leave out of there, we took off. Out on the main road is where it all unfolded, got pulled over by the helo and car. For those that wanted to know, we were not racing.... but in FL racing could mean lots of things.

we shall see
              cal

Comment

Originally posted by katanapilot
                Well

The propery is owned by avatar propertys.... The cop told us to leave out of there, we took off. Out on the main road is where it all unfolded, got pulled over by the helo and car. For those that wanted to know, we were not racing.... but in FL racing could mean lots of things.

we shall see
                cal
                i've often wondered that - a group of guys riding at a spirited pace - seems like they could always call it racing.

have you tried to contact the company that owns the property and offer them a waiver to ride there ? that would be awesome.

tim

Comment

That's a bummer about that cop hassling you guys. You think he could just give you a warning or something. I think the guy on the yellow SV650 is the guy I bought my 92 Kat from. I think his name Jason or something and he lives in melbourne. I know he had an SV just like that and that looks like him. Anywhooo good luck in court. I got a reckless driving ticket for a short little speed run up to a hundred and back at 2:00 AM on a desertedish road with no traffic or side roads(this was in my old 95 Firebird Formula) . Anywhoo when I went to court I explained to the judge and told him I wasn't endangering anyone that I usually drive very safely. I think it helps that I have no points on my license and hadn't been pulled over in two and a half years. Anywhoo I got an adjudication withheld, $70 fine, $70 court cost and traffic school. Worked out cheaper than if I had been written a ticket and no points. I wouldn't worry too awful much. Might help to take pics of the deserted roads and explain that you weren't endangering anyone. If you have a decent record you might get a slap on the wrist if you have a lot of tickets though you might get hammered. Good Luck and let us know what happens......Later
                  92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                    Anywhoo I got an adjudication withheld, $70 fine, $70 court cost and traffic school. Worked out cheaper than if I had been written a ticket and no points.
                    If you had just opted to go to driving school, it would have been even cheaper (no court costs) and adjudication would have been withheld as well...

Grins
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The single one thing I don't miss about Florida... bored arrogant cops.

Comment

Actually the Reckless driving charge is not just a ticket but a criminal traffic infraction here in FL. I had to go to court. It actually worked out cause a normal ticket would have been over $300
                        92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

I went to the attorney’s office today…

He said the law is clear about racing, and by the description it was not racing. He said that sheriff waste to prove a point with you. He also mentioned he wanted to get more details on the actual event (since on the ticket all it said was racing with out notes), so he would call the county and get more info on what we are working with including (radar/camera/timers/etc.)

Well bottom line was this guy wants 2500.00 for something I did not do… I was speeding, not racing. This puts a very big weight on my shoulders, and by the way… he said it is a fishy thing the cop told us to leave when there is no posted trespassing/private property signs, or gates.

So who knows where this will be going, but I can’t afford to loose my license so il do what it takes to get it fixed…

I should have stayed home on sat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Originally posted by escahoe
                            Tlak about redicules chargers . My bro got arested for off roding the other day . This friday he got to court and they gave him 9 months probation , 24 hours community servise , and so classes. that is what i call BS
                            (A) Where in the world was he off-roading (a military test range?)?

(B) I'm guessing he didn't bother getting an attorney... or just took the one the court appointed... By the time you add together 9 months of probation visits (missed work, travel costs), 24 hours of community service, plus classes(?), he probably could have afforded a reasonable lawyer cheaper...

Hmmm...
                            =-= The CyberPoet

Well it was way out in the country on a muddy road. and no he didn't have an attorney becouse he owns a buisness and figured he didn't want to waste time with a trial .
                            Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

Originally posted by katanapilot
                              I went to the attorney’s office today…

He said the law is clear about racing, and by the description it was not racing. He said that sheriff waste to prove a point with you. He also mentioned he wanted to get more details on the actual event (since on the ticket all it said was racing with out notes), so he would call the county and get more info on what we are working with including (radar/camera/timers/etc.)

Well bottom line was this guy wants 2500.00 for something I did not do… I was speeding, not racing. This puts a very big weight on my shoulders, and by the way… he said it is a fishy thing the cop told us to leave when there is no posted trespassing/private property signs, or gates.

So who knows where this will be going, but I can’t afford to loose my license so il do what it takes to get it fixed…

I should have stayed home on sat!!!
                              (A) Did you ask if the court would reimburse your defense costs if you won the case?

(B) Was this the lawyer I suggested, one he recommended, or yet someone else? If so, who recommended him?

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wow pilot, that blows.. I hope that judge sees thru the popo and lets u off with alot less of a fine! thats ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X