X

Pre trip before going riding ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre trip before going riding ?

Do you always do a pre-trip inspection of your bike? always? checking the tires, chain, how much fuel you have, and just give your bike the general once over... or do you just get on it and go?
    Yes before every ride I check the bike thoroughly
    0.00%
    A quick walk around, thats about it.
    100.00%
    If I remember, I'll look at it before I ride, but I sometimes forget
    0.00%
    Nah, I just get on it and go
    0.00%

Hey , if there's no parts on the ground under it , it's good to go !
    Seriously , that kinda IS part of the pre-flight . I check my tire pressure religiously (I've had problems in the past) , check oil , and there's a fuel gauge , so it's not like checking gas is all that hard . No oil under the bike , starts fine , and all other things are good , then all systems go .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I preflight on any trip over 10 miles or if it hasn't been done in the last 3 days. Tire pressure, oil level (must be at max -- but always is), check chain (add lube if needed -- but I usually do this at the end of rides, so it normally isn't), eyeball tires for punctures, spray down brake rotors with brake cleaner (or wipe down with windex sprayed on a paper towel).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

1) is the biek still there
        2) if it is, do i have the key
        3) if it isnt call cops
        4) i i have the key i unlcok break caliper lock
        5) GO

Comment

Would we expect anything less duffy?

Always do a walk around, make sure nothing's cracked, busted, leaking or missing. I learned the hard way about tire pressure too, so I check that several times a week, depending on how Ive rode so far that week. A quick peak at the oil level, and and away I go. Oh yeah, while the bike is warming up, I try all 4 signals to make sure they work, tail/headlight too.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed

Always do a walk around, make sure nothing's cracked, busted, leaking or missing. I learned the hard way about tire pressure too, so I check that several times a week, depending on how Ive rode so far that week. A quick peak at the oil level, and and away I go. Oh yeah, while the bike is warming up, I try all 4 signals to make sure they work, tail/headlight too.
            I pretty much do the same checks before every ride.

Comment

i voted that I just get on it and go cuz it is the closest to what I actually do......but this does not mean I do not have a system. With my regular riding I check the oil each day....tire pressure once every 5-7 days...check the chain same time as tires....and lights before each ride.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I usually take a good look at the tires, but I don't put a gauge on them right away. This is because I know that the rear will be a little low - slow leak. Within my first mile, I fill it up to about 40psi. My clear brake fluid is a little tough to check by eye, but I roll and stop-test the brakes before I take off.

That's about it. It's pretty inaccurate to check the oil when cold AND on the side stand. Other things get checked as I drive; blinkers, mirrors, etc.
                Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

I refuse to ansewr on the grounds that it might incriminate me....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Yeah....I'm Pre-Trib...

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
                      I refuse to ansewr on the grounds that it might incriminate me....
                      or jinx you!

Comment

Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't. I usually do a good once over every week or so.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I check the lights, tire pressure, brake fluid everytime i get on. Check the oil about every 3 days. And i say a little prayer for everyone and myself as i get on her

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't. I usually do a good once over every week or so.
                            You'll have to get back in practice of doing it once ur mexitana is on the road

Comment

I always check the tire pressure and lube the chaing, that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X