X

What is the mileage on your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mojoe
    bah....none of you have even come close to impressing me.

Not all of us are retired...although I wish I were

8258 on mine...Had a couple slow years in there...Bought it with 5 miles on her

Comment

2002 Kat has 21,000 km put on in two seasons
      Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

2K Kat 750, bought New 8/02 with zero miles n the odo.

13,500 Mi currently.

45mpg +

No intention of trading her in anytime soon.
        Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

2001 600, 5800 miles.
          Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Just rolled past 15,400 miles last week. Purchased her with less than 13,000 last summer. She runs great and I ride every chance I get.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

i've got 63,275,520 feet on mine. what? if the canadians can use different units, why can't I? silly kilometers.
              92 GSXF600
              91GSX(the 4 wheel version)

Comment

mine is a 2002. i bought it was 6031 miles, and it now has 8955. thats about...2 months or so. not too bad

honda.....runs forever!
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

7133miles after 10months. Bought brand new. Calculated MPG 46
                  " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Olta
                    Not all of us are retired...although I wish I were
                    You know, I have actually put on less mileage per say than when I was working. When I was working, all my free time was spent riding. Now that I am retired, I spend more time doing other things that I never had time for. Also, you have to take into consideration that I had that bike for 12 years.....hence the high mileage.

Originally posted by banana
                    i've got 63,275,520 feet on mine. what? if the canadians can use different units, why can't I? silly kilometers.
                    actually, compared to the rest of the world, you americans are the ones using the different units. I am not 100% positive on this, but I do believe you are the only country in the world who has not got a handle on the metric system. Wasn't there some talk of the US converting over to the metric sysyem? Whatever happened to that? Do all you vehicles still have "mph" only on your speedometers? Or is kph there also?
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

actually, compared to the rest of the world, you americans are the ones using the different units. I am not 100% positive on this, but I do believe you are the only country in the world who has not got a handle on the metric system.
                      Some countries still use it other than the USA (such as parts of the UK where they display both)...

Wasn't there some talk of the US converting over to the metric sysyem? Whatever happened to that?
                      It started with President Carter and ended with the end of his presidency. Older Americans never got the hang of it and it caused all sorts of confusion when they started posting speed limits in KPH in some spots...

Do all you vehicles still have "mph" only on your speedometers? Or is kph there also?
                      They have both; MPH is the larger and on the outside, but they are usually imprinted with KPH on the inner ring if they were built after 1978 -- with a few exceptions (some of the US-specific brands don't).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
                        They have both; MPH is the larger and on the outside, but they are usually imprinted with KPH on the inner ring if they were built after 1978 -- with a few exceptions (some of the US-specific brands don't).
                        here it is the opposite....KPH the larger and MPH the smaller inner ring. In 78 it must have been very few models that had both because up until not long ago the speedo was an issue for all cars coming into Canada. I know several guys who buy accidented vehicles and resell them over here and the speedo was one of the first things that had to be changed. Not on all, but most. Now it is less of an issue, so I never should have asked if you had both cuz I already knew the answer. Brain fart and I wasn't thinking.
                        It was a PITA to change the speedo cuz not only did you have to do the work, but you also had to go to inspection with the old one and do a comparison of mileage between the old one and the new one so that the true mileage was recorded. Actually, I think they actually set the new one to the correct mileage.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Just over 700 miles and still breaking her in.
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by STL-KAT-600
                            Originally posted by wilson1
                            Mine has 9,856 miles...pretty low for a 1995!
                            I win, My '95 only has 7,245, I bought it 2 months ago with 6,126.

What color is yours? I got the sweet teal.
                            Got you both, I have a 96 with 3950 miles.....

Comment

22k miles on my '95
                              '01 TL1000R

Comment

3200 on my 02 750 that I bought new with 0 miles on it in August of 04.should be able to get close to 10,000 by the end of 05.
                                BACK ON A KAT - Anyone can go fast in a straight line......

Comment

Working...
                                X