X

Luggage question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage question

looking for something to carry items on the Kat. Thinking tailbag but maybe some saddlebags. Don't need a lot of room, probably the most would be on days I ride to work & then go to the gym. I would need enough room for shoes, shirt, shorts.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

I like using a tank bag. They are easy to put on and take off and can be pretty big if you need the space.

Comment

Do the tankbags stay on good? Also, do they interfere with the riding position much? Some look so big it seems they would kind of be in the way.
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

i ahve a tank bag, saddle bags and a back pack...

I used to use the saddle bags all the time easy to use and carry. I then went to a nice backpack for the laptop and put my clothes in it , and my shoes fit int he tank bag.
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
          Do the tankbags stay on good? Also, do they interfere with the riding position much? Some look so big it seems they would kind of be in the way.
          I have not had a problem with the bag moving or getting in the way. A full tank bag can be used to rest against. The only issues is that you need to be carfull when you put it on or take it off. If you drag it it can scratch your tank. I make sure that my bag is clean before I put it on and I lift it off.

Comment

This is what I have. It holds my work clothes, lunch,extra sheild for my helmet,cell phone walet,keys and other odds-n-ends with no problems.
            The magnets hold extremley well, It dosent move a bit at over 90 mph.(I had to test it)
            And no it dosen't interfear with your riding position.
            And at that price its a great deal!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Ive got a nelson rig tank bag.. use it everyday.. just big enough to keep my wallet, keys, phone, and my lunch if I decide to bring it to work. You can get bigger ones for what you need though.. but yeah they are great, and really handy. The magnets are very sturdy and ive had mine on my kat at 100+ and it doesnt even move, so its definately secure.

Comment

thanks guys. So the tanks bags stay secure and are easy to remove once you get to your destination. May have to check these out. This and a tail bag should suit me fine.
                > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                97 Mustang GT
                95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Get you a woman to hold onto the stuff for you. Thats what I do.

Or a backpack would work too
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

I've never liked tank bags on bikes I ride. There are some great backpacks out there, and some decent seat bags that turn into small duffle bags once you tuck the bungie cords in.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've got some backpacks leftover from college, hardly used. LOL. I may use them for a while until I get something else. Hopefully if the weather clears I can start riding to work.
                      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                      97 Mustang GT
                      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

For shoes, shirt, and shorts, all you need is a backpack. I think I've got the worlds smallest backpack, and I could still fit my tux and shoes for my second job into it and didn't have a problem taking the bike to work with that.
                        Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I use American Tourister.... Just kidding! I've got a GIVI wingrack set-up on my VFR with a tial and side cases. I'd highly recommend it, as it can be fitted to the Kat as well...
                          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Katgirl I think it was.....and a few others got a good deal on some saddlebags if you want to go that way. check with them. I think it was like $20 for a set or something like that.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipKid
                              I use American Tourister.... Just kidding! I've got a GIVI wingrack set-up on my VFR with hard top and side cases. I'd highly recommend it, as it can be fitted to the Kat as well...
                              '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
                              X