X

Use your centerstand often ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use your centerstand often ?

Just curious how many of you often utilize the center stand on your bikes ?
    Yes all the time, if my bike is parked, it's on the centerstand
    14.29%
    Only if Im doing maint., washing it, or it's gonna sit for an extended period of time
    57.14%
    Nah, I never use it, I use bike stands if I need to have it upright
    0.00%
    I dont have a centerstand
    28.57%

Whn i lube my chain, and when i fill up on gas. Those are probably the only times i use it

Comment

It has been on it for almost 9 months!

She is slowly coming along though
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'd say most of the time, for some reason the side stand does not give my bike much lean at all and in a lot of cases, I feel better knowing its on the center stand.
        Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
        Katana

Comment

I put it on the stand to try to avoid any 'incidents' with the kids. I'd hate to get the call that one of my children was hurt because they were messing around in the garage.

I always leave the bike in gear when on the side stand. The only time my Kat has touched the shiny side to pavement was because I didnt notice a slight hill. Gravity happens, but I'm gaining on it!

Comment

I use it for oil changes and chain lubes. Also for when I wash the bike.

Comment

centrestand?

(my bike doesn't have one)
              - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I usually put it on the centerstand after I'm done riding for the day, if I think there's a chance I'll get back on it later I'll just leave it on the side stand, though.
                Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Now that I figured it out!!!!
                  Thanks to Y'all!

Comment

i never use it, i porb should take it off but im lazy its hevy and in the way sometimes not to mention im only 135 lbs and its a Biiiiitch to get up on there

Comment

when out riding and making stops or anytime I am on the raod, it is the side stand.....but at home it is always the center stand.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

maintenence or winter storage. other than that its on the side stand.
                        -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                          when out riding and making stops or anytime I am on the raod, it is the side stand.....but at home it is always the center stand.
                          Same here.

When I am not riding I park the bike in my shed, which has a plywood floor. I put the bike up on the centerstand in there to help distribute the weight more evenly. I had been leaving it on the side stand and I could see the plywood floor bending a little under the weight

Also at work I put it on the centerstand too. Looks more stable and looks oh-so-cool 8)
                          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

I had to take the centerstand off my vmax when I added the Cobra pipes
                            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

never use it and if i decide to keep the bike, I am taking it off , does anyone know if it comes off easy and does it mess up the bike at all if you do that?
                              Big Cory
                              SBFMC 707
                              2005 Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
                              X