X

Handlebar issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar issue

Hi.....just wondering if anyone ever came up with a definitive and easy mod to increase the comfort of the kats handlebars. From looking thru old threads i know that a guy was selling blocks to lift the risers up a bit and they're was a couple of guys who fitted motorcross bars on they're streetfighters. Not too sure if my problem is the height of the bars or the 'V' shape of them..but either way they put a lot of pressure on the edges of my hands. I know all the sports bikes have these type of bars but was wondering if they're was an option to have a set-up like on the SV where the bars are a little wider and pretty much at right angles to the frame ( i think this might spread the load more evenly over the hand ).

Yes, there are modification kits to permit use of single-bar style handlebars (98+ Kats). These kits have to move the handlebars back towards you as well, to ensure they don't hit the fairings.

Suggest you consider setting your levers appropriately first, which I talk about how to do here:
    KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
    and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I suggest working on your riding position. If you are really tiring your hands, then you are putting too much pressure on them. If you were flying an F16 you wouldn't likely put your body weight on the stick....... bars are a control just the same. I think there are books out there on this topic.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Cool...thanks for the replys.
        I'll ave a look at whether there's any small adjustments to be made at the levers and bars ( i thought the were totally fixed )...maybe like cyberpoet says..a small amount maybe all thats necessary.

Comment

My buddy has a dl650 and just installed a set of bolt on aluminum blocks (risers) and he found it made a huge difference (about $50).

I've found a few options to adjust the bars for the Kat but most are very expensive.
          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Working...
          X