X

Katana Tough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Tough

My Kat is my first real Motorcycle(Upgraded from a Burgman400) and so it has been the subject of my sometime very nasty learning curve. Dropped twice, over revved mulitple times, clunky shifted into the wrong gear, etc. And yet, like the old add says "it takes a lickin but keeps on ticken"

I was wondering if others might share there experiences about how tough this bike can be and how "It keeps on ticken"
    2005 750 Katana
    sigpic

Everything is bulletproof except 2nd gear. I bought my last one, a 1989 750 with almost 20000 miles on it, and it looked like it had a very hard life. Rashed up exhaust, trashed fairings..... crooked bars (which I never fixed). When I got ahold of it, I fixed some jetting issues, and continued to beat the pizz out of it. I raced it every wednesday, all summer long. Making maybe an average of 5 runs per night. I took it out to redline in 6th, I burnt the back tire all the time, I dumped it once at about 20-25 mph...... it just wouldn't die. After I sold it, though, second gear finally exploded and left it useless.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Treatment like that would make a panzy waist gixer cry in horror! :mrgreen:
      Last edited by Alexanderr; 06-07-2008, 09:47 AM.
      2005 750 Katana
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X