X

It's ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ALIVE!

My Kat LIVES!!! After a long winter's sleep, a whole bunch of maintanace, some help from Black_Peter and Gytrdunkat (thank you thank you thank you), and finally, new paint on the tank, SHE IS ALIVE! My thanks to those who answered my posts full of dumb questions too.

Zack delivered my tank all nicely painted and buffed out today. It was the last piece of the puzzle to bring Her back to life. Thanks to BP and Gytr's carb sync (borrowing Dnarg's tank, ty ty ty) She fired right up an PURRRRRRRRRed. Diddled the idle a touch and she settled in rock steady at 1200rpm. Throttle responce was snappy and sharp up thru about 5k, all the further i twisted the grip.

I couldnt resist putting on my bucket and gloves and takeing her for a skoot around town. Only hit 40 mph, but it felt SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD ! Many of you know i had a blood clot lodge in the artery for my left ear, trashing my hearing on that side, and screwing up my balance. I've got a large part of my balance back, but the Kat was absolutely beautiful in Her behaviour. It felt wonderfull cruising, and She flowed into the turns even better than i remembered from last year. Credit the new fork seals and fork oil for that one too.

I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, waitin on Zack to spray the rest of my bodywork. The Fine Silver Metalflake on the tank will be the main color, with the Slate Grey Metalflake of the swingarm as the accent. She will look alot like the pic in my signature and profile, with the lines suttley different to flow with the body lines, and of course a MUCH more professional paint job.

So, Thanks to every one that contributed to helping me do all the maintanance. Below are a few pics of the new paint on the tank.

SHE LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

thats a great feeling hearing your bike start up when you press the start button
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I like the silver it makes for a real clean look
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome man! Now you can sell that LTD That garage looks vaguely familiar

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

way to go man! looks great!
          “What you own is your own kingdom
          What you do is your own glory
          What you love is your own power
          What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
            Awesome man! Now you can sell that LTD That garage looks vaguely familiar
            sell the LTD?? SELL THE LTD?????
            SELL THE LTD????
            are you nutz??? you aint gonna get your grubbers on it THAT easy. I'll even go toe-to-toe with Arsenic over my Kawis. (tell us how you really feel about Kawasaki Chris) Never thought i'd hear the day you sounded like my wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
            1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
            '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
            Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
            X