X

One bad ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One bad ride

So I have been planing a trip to americade for over 2 mounths now and yesterday morning I woke up a 6:30 becauce I was so exsited to get going. Bye 8:30 the roads had dried up and there were no storm clouds in sight. I kissed my wife and off to a friends house to pick her up and get going. We were on the road by 9:30 having the most fun doing 75 down RT90 torwards albany. It is 45 miles to the fonda exit we got off there and we pull in to a truck stop to rest for a min. I hit a big hole as we pulled in and bottomed out the front end. I had hit holes before so I did not think that much of it. we went in side to use the restrooms came out I got on my bike and my friend says what is all this flood coming out of your front tire. I get off to look and know immediately that it is fork oil. I think o sh**t I blew out my forks. I just had the seels replaced a few weeks ago. After a closer inspection I find out the oil is coming from the bottem of the fork. So I call the shop that did the work to find out what it could be. After talkin to them we desided to start back home because we are thinking craked fork or worse. That was the longest 45 miles ever oil every were the tire was covered the front brakes were crap. About half way back I see a Triumph America forsale so we stop so I could take a look. I have beed looking at them for a long time now. As we were leaving right after taking the triumph for a test ride. I must have been in the wrong gear and staled and slowly fell over on the right side, the good side of the bike so now my bike is scrached up on bolth sides o well. We made it to the shop and and I drove right in. After me and the owner (a kid I went to high school with) looked at it the machanic came over with a puzzled look I guess there is a plug on the bottom of the fork and it worked its way lose. He sead he swears he torked it on. Him and I fixed it right then and I was on my way again. We ended riding another 60 mile loop for a totel of 160 for the day. What a day I am just happy that it was nothing big in the end.

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckyj95; 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM.
    1990 750 katana
    2002 Honda rebel
    1995 Jeep YJ
    2003 Saturn Ion

Happy to hear that it turn out not to be a major repair but you know you are the man reading your story I notice that you said I kiss my wife good by and off to my friend house to pick her up was that a typo because if not there not too many wifes like your wife who let their husband go on trips with another female LOL
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

No typo she is a friend of mine and my wifes. She has her own bike and so does my wife now its kinda funny pulling to bar and stuff because I ride with two woman Kinda like a biker pimp.
      Last edited by chuckyj95; 06-05-2008, 09:16 AM.
      1990 750 katana
      2002 Honda rebel
      1995 Jeep YJ
      2003 Saturn Ion

Comment

My fiance lets me go out with other girls to shoot pool and such. I am just not allowed to be in the same zip code as any of my exs.....

Back to the story though. Good thing it was something minor. Riding or driving after something happens is the worst. You spend the entire time thinking the worst and freaking out. Glad you made it out of it with somethgn so minor and no injuries.
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckyj95 View Post
          No typo she is a friend of mine and my wifes. She has her own bike and so does my wife now its kinda funny pulling to bar and stuff because I ride with two woman Kinda like a biker pimp.
          Reading the story it sounded like she was riding on your bike but you are still da man
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Working...
          X