Cheap CLIP-ONS...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap CLIP-ONS...

Hey guys,

I just found these i dont know if people have already seen this but it seemed really cheap to me for clip-ons so i felt the need to share....

im thinkin about gettin these unless someone has a reason not to...

just compare em to the vortex ones from the same website... like 50 bucks more...
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

if you don't mind my asking, what do you need them for?
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

for my katana. hahaha im not sure how your meaning that....

i really want clip-ons on my 93 katana for the more aggressive riding position and better feel...
      THE EMAIL BANDIT
      F4 I stunted out

Comment

Here's why I was asking....... This is my bike. Stock kat 600 upper tree, and stock kat 600 clip ons, but flipped around to the bottom. I dont' know that the 750 upper clamp will match the bolt holes on the 600 clip ons, but you could surely source a 600 clamp, and 600 bars for less than the cost of those clip ons. As an added bonus, it will look nicer (the 750 clamp is not attractive with the bars off) and if you trash a bar, they are easy and cheap to replace.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have the 600 upper tree, the clamps, and the bars. I'll sell you all that stuff for the price of those clip ons, $85 + actual shipping.
          Last edited by arsenic; 06-04-2008, 12:44 AM.

Comment

loudnlow thats a great idea... i didn't even think about just flippin the stock stuff to the bottom.... hm.... yeah i really wonder if the 750's can flip like your 6....

do you have any other pics of other angles and what not....

and are u gonna put gauges and stuff on or just leave it like that.... i really like it without gauges but its not practical for my bike... but looks wize its so much cleaner...
            THE EMAIL BANDIT
            F4 I stunted out

Comment

the 750 WILL NOT do that. The 750 doesn't have clip ons like the 600 does, the "clip on's" are one solid piece like the top part of the tree.

Comment

yeah.... that was a stupid post on my part.... after i posted i was thinkin about it and was like wait.... hahahah.... anyways....

so.... i need to get 600 clip ons.... and....????
                THE EMAIL BANDIT
                F4 I stunted out

Comment

you need the 600 clip ons, 600 bars (I'm like 95% sure), 600 top tree, I've got all of it, the price of the clip ons, it's yours. Yup, 600 bars also.

on that fiche you need items 1, 2, (x4)3, 6, 7, (x2) 8, and (x2) 9.

you need item #7
                  Last edited by arsenic; 06-12-2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

I guess I just don't quite understand why you guys want a more aggressive position. One of the biggest benefits of the Katana is it's more upright and ergonomic posture. Maybe I'm just missing something here...?
                    Some people carry on
                    Some just stay right where they are
                    Our worlds divide

Comment

The 750 clip-ons will work only after carving a small notch in them with a dremel tool to allow the hex screw to slide through. Wouldn't a lighter set of bars, aluminum in this case, result in more vibration?

I dig the lower profile, more agressive looking position afforded by flipping the handle bars upside down; but, I'm sure I would revert back to stock after about 30 minutes of mistreating my back that way.
                      1996 Suzuki Katana GSX600F
                      My heart rate slows down, I begin to daydream and my eyes feel heavy when I sit in my car in traffic. None of that ever happens when I'm on my bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothman View Post
                        I guess I just don't quite understand why you guys want a more aggressive position. One of the biggest benefits of the Katana is it's more upright and ergonomic posture. Maybe I'm just missing something here...?
                        I don't ride a Katana for the upright riding position. Even with the bars flipped, though, it's still pretty comfy. Still has a good seat. Footpegs are still right where I like them.

So why would you do it? Good question. I, for one, prefer the riding position that way. Sort of makes you feel more in tune with the bike. Like having a racing seat in your Ferrari as opposed to a plushy seat out of a 1982 Oldsmobile 98. That, and I think it looks badazz. With this bike, I am kinda aiming for a modern-day cafe racer, and that means the bars have to be low.

It's personal preference, I guess. Just like in a car..... some people drive with the steering wheel way up, I drive with it as far down as it will go. Some people put the seat way up, so their head is against the roof, I put mine all the way on the floor. It's just whatever makes you comfortable.

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                        loudnlow thats a great idea... i didn't even think about just flippin the stock stuff to the bottom.... hm.... yeah i really wonder if the 750's can flip like your 6....

do you have any other pics of other angles and what not....

and are u gonna put gauges and stuff on or just leave it like that.... i really like it without gauges but its not practical for my bike... but looks wize its so much cleaner...
                        Nah, the 750 bars won't work. Mine actually is a 750 (obviously, look at the back end), but I used the 600 triple clamps, clip ons, and bars.

I don't have any more pictures that really show it. If I get a chance, I'll snap a couple tomorrow.

Yeah, I have to put gauges on it. I need at least a Speedo and a Tach. I too think it looks better with no gauges and no ignition switch, but I have to compromise to make it streetable. The ignition can be anywhere, but the gauges I have to be able to see. Oh well.

Let me know how it works out for you. I'd like to see it when you're done.
                        Last edited by loudnlow7484; 06-12-2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

do you need the 600 steering stem as well? Cause I got that too, same deal, price of the clip ons

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                            so.... i need to get 600 clip ons.... and....????
                            I picked up the entire 600 triple tree set up off eBay for $9.99
                            I gave the lower away.
                            Then I got a pair of CBR600 clip ons for under $9, $8.75 or something.
                            R6 clips ons also fit I hear so I have been on the hunt for a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                              I picked up the entire 600 triple tree set up off eBay for $9.99
                              I gave the lower away.
                              Then I got a pair of CBR600 clip ons for under $9, $8.75 or something.
                              R6 clips ons also fit I hear so I have been on the hunt for a pair.

dang BP you get all the good deals, i'm just give you a shopping list you find the auctions and lemmie know

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X