gsxr 600 vs kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    I still say that was terrible advice
    So in your eyes no one should ever step up to a bigger bike.
    My carbon foot print is bigger than yours.

1988 GSX1100F with 93 plastic, Avon AV45 front & AV36 rear rubber and a SS2R full exhaust system.
    Other bikes:
    2 1985 CR500
    1 1987 CR500
    1 2003 CR85 Supermoto

Comment

not from a tuna they shouldn't get a 1K

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        not from a tuna they shouldn't get a 1K
        i went from a tuna to a busa

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
          we're not talking going from a 250 to a motogp bike...

If you understand how the throttle works you can ride anything... But to be safe and responsible the folks here won't be suggesting that you really need that 1k over a 600ss or even the other sporty touring bikes... Ninja650r, VFR 800, zzr600, yzf600r, sv650s etc etc...

unless you'll admit that you've got the smallest pecker known to man and the literbike is the one and only way of impressing the girls...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post
            unless you'll admit that you've got the smallest pecker known to man and the literbike is the one and only way of impressing the girls...
            you've got me figured out!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

Originally posted by chinto View Post
              that's a lot different Joe and you KNOW that. A Busa, yeah it's 1300 CC's but it's a lot more of a Katana then a GSXR 1000 is. Suzuki can't have there flag ship bike be a tuna, thats why it's a GSX1300R
              Last edited by arsenic; 06-04-2008, 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

or if you'd like to stay with the piano brand...

it's only got a 1700cc v4 w/ 197hp and 122 ft/lbs
                Last edited by allblackkat; 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Thats just about the silliest thing I've ever seen ABK. Impressive stats though.

As far as step up's go there will always be a controversy.

Now lets assume we're talking about an incredible driver, someone that could easally handle a liter bike. Would he even want one?

Is he driving 10 min at a time, are we considering fuel economy, along with sport? Maybe we're dealing with a 1 hour commute each day? Maybe its all on streets in stop and go?

IMO all of these things are the real things to consider assuming the guy is going to be a competent rider.

For streets and stop and go traffic you probably don't want any of the bikes suggested.
                  If you're dealing with a 1+ hr commute each day, you definitely want something comfertable, and probably high on the fuel economy the way gas prices are going.
                  If you've got a 10 min drive each way with some limited sporting on the weekends then really get whatever suits your adrenalin fix. Personally my 97 kat 600 gets me my kicks still... but within a few years I can definitely see myself getting a newer gsxr 750 as long as my commute stays around 20 min.
                  Last edited by HexKrak; 06-04-2008, 03:46 PM.
                  Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

if you commute a lot in a straight line then keep the kat, if you travel over bumpy roads keep the kat, I take my ninja on I75 for about 80 miles once a month and while it is nice to cruise well over legal speeds with little to no effort, the bars are extremely low putting lots of weight on your wrists. Plus, the aggressive seating position puts the boys right up against the tank, imagine hitting potholes like that...not fun. Now I hear the GSXR's are a little more relaxed, but it cant be by that much
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X