X

seat cowl on a yellow/black 03 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat cowl on a yellow/black 03 600?

ok, guys help me out here. I can usually visualize how something will look in my mind, but it's just not working here.

I have a 03 600 kat, and i want a solo seat cowl for it. problem is that my tail is painted black, and 1) I can not find the paint code for the black, and 2) I can't decide what color to paint it. the tail fades to black right where the front of the cowl will be (does that make sense), so I could go both ways with it. Problem is, i don't know what will look better.

does anyone have a solo cowl on their yellow 03?

i don't have any pics of my bike yet, but here's the 04 picture from suzuki. same paint scheme as mine.
    Attached Files
    "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

well, i can't get this picture to load, but here is a link to a bike with the same paint scheme

Attached Files
    "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Comment

I vote black to keep the color fade consistent

Comment

I have an 04 in the same colour. I'm going to paint mine black to keep the colours consistent.

Comment

I'd vote for the black too. Are you looking on www.color-rite.com for the paint codes?

Comment

yeah, color-rite only lists the paint code for the yellow, and the black that the wheels are painted with.

Comment

from the braada website..

Hello World.

Comment

why dont you take of your grab bar and take it to a paint shop so they can scan the color for you? easy
                Hello World.

Comment

awesome, thanks for the picture. i really needed that.

hmm... after seeing the picture I don't think it would look very good painted yellow.

mabye painted black with a yellow "swoop" thus emulating the yellow swoop on the end of the tail? this is going to require more thought...

Comment

Black, with a yellow 'liner' around the bottom. Start out at 0 at the front of the cowl and slowly increase to like 1" at the center of the back. Just make sure it's faded up in to the black instead of a heavy weight line.

Comment

I like Black. I vote black.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

i think it would look slick with the cowl painted black with a yellow stripe like the fairing
                        Hello World.

Comment

im gogin to have the lower fairing on my bike painted black to match. I love the yellow but i think it would look cool with the black. Not too mention i've scraped a curb trying to avoid a kid on a bicycle riding in the middle of the road. Turned the corner tighter than i had space too

Oh ya i also like the katanas better with NO stickers. I just think they look bad or cheesy.

My Bike
                          " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

^^^NOOOO leave the yellow on the lower cowl. if you paint it black, you'll regret it.
                            Hello World.

Comment

ok, so does anyone know how i can get the paint code for this color? aside from having to take it to a shop for a good guess?

Comment

Working...
                              X