No announcement yet.
X

Whats your MPG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 44-47 weekly commuting.... but yesterday put 220 highway miles and it looks like 49-51 I was very happy... I am 5'9 197.... D&D slipon is the only mod....

Comment

I can easily get 200 miles per tank and I've really pushed it a couple of times and squeezed 220 miles out of a tank. Most of my riding is the super slab at 78+ mph. The most I've ever had to actually put in my tank is 4.7 gallons and that was was with 220 miles on the tank. 220 / 4.7 = 46.8mpg
      '06 600 Katana
      http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
      Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
      Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

How fast you accelerate and how fast you cruise are the #1 and #2 biggest factors in fuel economy. Weight plays a part during acceleration, but not so much cruising, unless you're so big that you're changing the contact patch and adding rolling resistance. Anyway, the bigger you are, the slower the acceleration needs to be to net the same fuel economy as a smaller guy.

Keep air in the tires and drive it like an old lady. Not always do-able, but definitely the best way to incraese your fuel economy.

This is all assuming that the engine is tuned right.

Comment

I have a Yamaha FZ1 (retuned R1 engine), and I routinely get 40-43 MPG highway, 35 with a strong mix.

I ride pretty conservatively, I jump the bike up to 30 MPH (city speed limit) and then basically notch it up to high gear.

When I had my '89 Kat 600, I routinely had 50 MPG.

Comment

I get about 50 mpg if I keep the speedometer at an indicated 75 mph. If it gets about 90 or I drive above 80 I get about 45. Work is 45 miles away in DC, so in reality my trip goes about 75 miles per hour for the first 35 miles until I hit a traffic jam, then ten miles per hour the rest of the way. So its not all easy miles.

Comment

I just bought my 01 kat 600. I had to fill her back up today and I did the math. I'm 6'3, 210lbs and the bike fits me perfectly. I got 47MPG on my first tank. I'm a new rider and i'm just getting used to the bike so I've rev'd it up a few times so i think i'll probably get alittle better mileage out of this tank. I commute 25 miles each way, mostly at 60mph except for a few lights. My bike is completely stock with 13000 on the odometer.

Comment

What do you guys consider a tank....as in mileage wise? I've heard a few say they get 180+ miles. I have a 06 750 kat that gets about 130 (from full till I have to switch over to reserve) Yesterday I averaged it out and got 40mpg.......90% of the tank was in 6th gear. Does this sound about right? FYI= Its all stock.

Comment

Depends on the mods, the tune, the RPM's you're driving etc.

I know with the 01 750 engine (+5 advancer and slip on) in my 91 Kat, it's running a 14/46 sprocket setup and it gets right at 39-40mpg when commuting (70-75mph and some city) but this past weekend, when I was crusing a secondary highway, and in no particular hurry, I was running 60-65mph in 6th and I knocked down 50mpg on a tank.

Comment

'06 Kat 600, totally stock only around 1700 miles. I'm 6', 185 and highway runs at 85-90 I'm averaging around 45mpg.

Comment

I just filled up again today and was like "WTF?! Only 39 MPG?!"

And then I remembered that I started this tank with the MSF ERC course on Saturday, where it sat and idled off and on for a good 3 hours while waiting to do the exercises.

Anyway, seems like mid-high 40's is the consensus here, eh?

MM

Comment

'06 750 w/ 10,000 miles. Consistently 47mpg when driving nice (70-75 indicated on freeway). Driving hard (90-95 indicated) I still get 40mpg each time I check at gas fill-up.

Not bad considering when I bought the bike last Sept. I was spending $450/month in gas for my Tahoe (15mpg city). The Kat is certainly a good combination of performance and fuel economy, especially for commuters.
                        The secret to life, whether it's love or money, is knowing when to quit. Take it from me, I'm divorced and broke.

Comment

Last time I was up in Chicago gas was $4.47/gal at Fullerton and Montrose. Yikes!!!

Saw quite a few more bikes around than the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
                            Last time I was up in Chicago gas was $4.47/gal at Fullerton and Montrose. Yikes!!!

Saw quite a few more bikes around than the last time I was there.
                            Fullerton and Montrose don't intersect, they're parrallel roads.

I think you meant Fullerton and Elston, that place is extortion.

I really hate the gas prices in Chicago, and they're most likely going to hit $5.00 before the year is over.

Comment

LOL! Shows how much I was paying attention! I know I took the Fullerton exit... I looked on my map. I guess it was Western and Montrose, there by Welles Park.

Anyway, moral of the story, it was damn expensive.

Comment

On my 1kRR i get about 34mpg (premium only). If I drive nice I can get about 145-155 miles to a tank which is 3.8 gallons. But I've had my gas light come on at 95 miles before... lol sometimes I do some serious riding.
                                Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Working...
                                X