No announcement yet.
X

The Good...The Bad...and the Stupid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did manage to get it back up myself. Luckily the parking lot was level, so it was fairly easy. Just remember, if you ever (god forbid) have to do this yourself, to PUSH the bike up instead of trying to pull it up...much easier. These bikes are friggin heavy as hell though! After I managed to get it back on 2, I spent the next 5 minutes in front of the crowd trying to get it started since the carbs flooded all to hell when it went down. Just got to enjoy my moment of fame that much longer!
    You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

Comment

The 3rd day I had my Kat, I was going 5mph, and hit some really gooey crack filler and the tire just went out from under me.. didnt some minor damage to the right fairing as well.. I was pi$$ed to say the least, but it could have worse

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        It's not your fault...
        Sue Starbucks!!! (I hate those places)

Better to pop your crash cherry at 2 MPH instead of 52 MPH!!
        Glad only your pride was hurt!!
        Sue Starbucks??? NOOOO then my $3.50 coffee will cost over $4.00
        '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

I didn't find it was hard at all to lift the bike up off the ground
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

wow, that sucks. i came very close to spilling my kat over a few days after i got it, too. of course, it was sort of intentional. i wanted to see how hard i could squeeze the rear brake before it locked up. my findings- not very hard!

i'm going to have to adjust it to make it less sensitive when i get a chance.
            "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Comment

Originally posted by J. Kidd
              "EVERYBODY GOES DOWN"
              That's so true! It could have been much worse, and now you got a funny story to tell right? When I was a kid I had a honda 80 dirtbike ... I thought it would be cool to master wheelies on it. I damn near ended up with the tank hitting me in the face as it was coming back down. I've had a few spills over the years, and overall I've been really lucky ... had I not been a helmet nazi I probably would have died from one of my accidents.
              Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Yeah, I lost my cherry doing 10mph turning into a parking lot. I just rolled and stood up when I hit the grown (thank you taekwondo) and had to watch my bike slide 30 feet or so. That hurt SO bad.

Comment

Glad you are OK and there is not that much damage to repair
                  Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, martial arts can help ... I've studied Taekwondo and Hapkido primarily, been doing Bagua and Tai Chi lately. I've been into martial arts for over 11 years now

Comment

I am a master at Mexican Judo.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I am 3rd generation Samurai with mad bow staff and nunchuck skills! Chicks dig guys with skills...
                        You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Originally posted by daewood
                          I am 3rd generation Samurai with mad bow staff and nunchuck skills! Chicks dig guys with skills...
                          Skills......
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

God I got up to early in the morning and took my bike to presto to get a drink. I was still drab eyed and I forgot about the damn kickstand of all things.....

I put every ounce I had in it to keep it up but it had leaned to the left to much so I slowley laided it down then pushed it back up. On my 4th day of owning it

Only did alittle damage to the right fairing though. Mostly the decal. lol.
                            One of those days? New bike up to early and forget the kickstand on the side? Yeah had one of those it sucks...yea aint stopping it from falling thats for sure!

Comment

i wish my first drop was 2 mph. I dropped a friend's new ZX10R. but he wasnt mad, the bike caught no damage cause after the rear locked up it slid front first into curb causing a 12:00er +- and then came down and dropped...... on me. Here comes my friend "You ok!!! Yeah tha rear brakes aint been right since i changed them. Nice wheelie though" Im like WTF!
                              The 2nd time was when i dropped my ninja 500 in a 30mph turn meets gravel crash and I went skidding off the back on my new alienware backpack in slow motion watchin my bike slide under a guardrail
                              cracking upper and ripping plastics off.
                              a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                              so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog
                                Here comes my friend "You ok!!! Yeah tha rear brakes aint been right since i changed them. Nice wheelie though" Im like WTF!
                                Hahahaha, they should do a Visa commercial like that...

Helmet: $100
                                Gloves: $50
                                1-piece leather suit: $800
                                Really good Insurance: $1200
                                doing a wheelie on your friend's bike without even knowing it ... pricesless!

Comment

Working...
                                X