X

What A Disappointment !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Disappointment !!!

Well My wife and I decided to take off this morning and go get the '02 600 Kat we bought on Ebay. Weather was the best its gonna be so we left at 9:00 and headed to NJ, 150 miles to the bike.

When the guy shows up I quickly turn from excited to angry. As he pulled in I see the fairings scatched up everywhere!! The L/H side is BROKEN. Never saw it in the photos. My wife says "Dude, you needed to show this stuff in the photos and mention it ". He immediately says "I'll knock off $500.00". I asked to see the receipt of the 7000 mile service (has 6950 on it). Mentions nothing of valve adjust. But said carbs rebuilt??? I thought, FOR WHAT?

The bike was rusty at spots sounded like crap and was all greasy. He then says Ok I'll knock off $1000.00. That would make it $2000.00 for the '02 Kat 600. But I just said no way. Give me my deposit. So that was it.

This was my fourth bike I would have bought on Ebay. The first three were almost perfect deals. Well I was due. Anyway not a total loss we rode the 750 Kat and had a great cruise together. Although my wife was looking forward to riding home her NEW bike. Gotta keep looking.

jim

Sorry to hear about your bad luck w/eBay purchases. I got my '93 on eBay for $1100. Seller was a great guy and disclosed all the damage and such. It was a great purchase, so they're not all like you've had!

Better luck on the next one.

btw, before you place a bid, you can always email the seller and ask about damage. Anyone who doesn't respond is probably a liar or a crackpot.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Glad you walked away... I think it's a shame when eBayers try to hide defects & damages -- but then again, I always view the bike in person before bidding.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just a bad deal, but atleast you got out like you said. just don't blame ebay as i have seen some people, it is scumbags like that that ruin a good thing.

let us know who the seller was so we know not to buy from him.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Yeah, I've had good luck w/ E-bay too. Sorry dude but mostly sorry to your wife. Some people are just sheisters. I did have an issue w/ a guy from Craigslist last year who delivered a Ninja 250 for my wife...low mileage...low price...but oh yeah..."I can't find my legal paperwork". I sent him away mad along his elderly mother who came for the ride but better safe than sorry.

Comment

craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
              Sorry to hear about your bad luck w/eBay purchases. I got my '93 on eBay for $1100. Seller was a great guy and disclosed all the damage and such. It was a great purchase, so they're not all like you've had!

Better luck on the next one.

btw, before you place a bid, you can always email the seller and ask about damage. Anyone who doesn't respond is probably a liar or a crackpot.
              I'm sorry if my first message was a little confussing. Actually the first three bikes I bought were what I expected. So thats what I mwant by almost perfect. They went well. Two Harleys and the 750 Kat.

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
              just a bad deal, but atleast you got out like you said. just don't blame ebay as i have seen some people, it is scumbags like that that ruin a good thing.

let us know who the seller was so we know not to buy from him.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              Glad you walked away... I think it's a shame when eBayers try to hide defects & damages -- but then again, I always view the bike in person before bidding.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Usually what I do is just give $100.00 through PayPal for security. Then go check out the bike. All bikes I bought so far were about 150 miles or so. Its just this was the first one that the bike wasn't as described. Even after our coversations.

Come to think of it. I bought a Roadstar, two Harleys and the 750 Kat on Ebay. All were great bikes. Sold a couple since.

jim
              Last edited by MULCH63; 05-15-2008, 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

dang that sucks..... doesn't appear to be in bad condition other than being dirty on the throttle side of the bike. to bad it didn't work out, but then again, good thing it wasn't clean and had hidden problems.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

dang Jim sorry the wife didnt get to ride I bet she was all hyped up to get it...maybe the next one will be perfect for you guys...
                  “What you own is your own kingdom
                  What you do is your own glory
                  What you love is your own power
                  What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

that really blows, did he really think he was going to get away with that? idiots
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I would have offered $1500 Take it or leave not bad for a 2002

Comment

I am sorry but I just can't bring myself to buy any big ticket item without checking it out thoroughly first. I would have to see it or have someone else that I trust look at it first before bidding.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

I went purely on faith for my 06. I live in south east Nebraska, and bought sight unseen a bike in Milwaukee. Thankfully I drove out there with my lil trailer and she was perfect! I had a fortunate expierence. It was my first ebay purchase to boot.

Comment

Yeah and the guy may not be a bad guy just his description wasn't all that great. Some peoples definition of what is good shape varies from others ya know. Regardless still a bummer but ya'll got in a nice 300 mile trip haha.

I'm selling an 01 Kat right now but probably too far away for ya

Comment

i've only had 2 bad e-bay experiences. one the guy blamed "the help" and gave me a full refund. the other, i had to take her thru the pay pal/e-bay disupte as she sold me a CD player that came DOA and refused to take it back. had it listed as good, and no return policy. so now i have a single negative mark, and a 99.9 rating. ****es me off she flamed me for her shipping DOA electronics. i guess you take your chances with any purchase off e-bay or craigs. latest craigs thing is seller says cash only, and then robs mr buyer when he shows up to buy fictional item. like the wicked witch said, oh what a world, what a world
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                              X