Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

LED instrument lights installed (blurry pic)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED instrument lights installed (blurry pic)

Okay. First of all....it can be done. You must buy them with the bases off of superbrightleds.com.
    You can only replace the (4)four instrument lights.....the lights and sockets for the neutral light, oil, high beam, and both signal indicators are an even SMALLER socket and bulb (not by much) but the LED socket will not fit in it. Beleive me I tried....and I tried to modify them to fit the stock socket, I had no luck.

I do have to say....its an extremely easy mod. I did mine in 1 hour and this was the first time I took the fairings off....so very easy. It can be done with taking only one fairing off too....

I chose blue LED's looks nice with my other blue LED mods.

Sorry it's blurry, didn't have the tripod nearby.

Remember this is only 4 bulbs....its all that is lighting the gauges..so the fuel/clock/logo is a lil dim (also blue is a poor output color)

My sig is boring.

Do you have the ability of turning off the LED under the tail?
    -----------------------
    2000 Katana 750
    K&N Filter and Jet Kit
    Yoshi Slip-on
    Katana Tank Bra
    Polished bar ends
    100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

Its hard to tell thru the pic, but it looks like u a great job!!

I wouldnt think you'd really need to replace the stock high beam, oil, neutral, and signal indicators anyways, they seem pretty sufficient as is against the blue.

Comment

how many bulbs are in the instrument cluster?
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

wow its looks great, I have wanted to swap out my light with blue l.e.d.'s, but i remember someone saying that the blue color wasn't bright enough for them to see too well at night, those look more than bright enough to me.

Comment

I would have to say...it's brighter than the stock white bulbs.....but still pretty dim under city lights.....

I would recommend if you want something REALLY bright get white or Ultra Violet replacment LED's

I have 5 white I am doing nothing with.....
            My sig is boring.

Comment

So, you replaced just the white backround lights with the blue led's with bases? And you were not able to fit the new bases in the neutral, oil, highbeam, or turn signals?

Looks Good. I have some of there LED's sitting at home. I need the bases though. Sounds like I can return them, and get the correct ones.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
              X