No announcement yet.
X

Gas mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd kill to have those knid of numbers on my BIKE . Damn , I was getting less than 30 mpg yesterday for around 300 miles ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I hit my reserve yesterday at 149 miles and went to 159 sweating all the way to the gas station.
      "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

From day 1 I have been getting 46-47 mpg out of my 2003 750 Kat (on regular). I regularly run 180 miles plus before switching over to reserve.
        Keep in mind I'm always running 60mph plus.
        I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
          Originally posted by Selby
          Just measured mine today:

153.7 miles, 3.46 gallons to fill.

44.4 MPG
          any cager would kill to have those kinda numbers w/ their car!
          Why not 78 MPG?

Smaller cars with small TDI engines are very popular here. You easily go as low as 5-6 liters/100 km with them (39-47 MPG)...
          - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

i get 33, but my carbs are not sorted out yet. I will do that next weekend.
            Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

I can't remember on the Kat....maybe 40 to 50 mpg?

R1 is 30 avg, 40 on the highway, and 20 when stomping on it.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                You lost me. Before you said you only got 120-140 to a tank. Is that the distance you can actually go on a full tank, or is that the distance you go before you decide to top it off? I can squeeze about 380kms out of a full tank...over 400 if I am taking it real easy. My tank is 5.3 gallons.....not 3.6. I really don't think we get the same thing at all.
                That's the distance I go before I stop for gas. When I stop between 120-140, I only have to put in about 3.6 gallons.

I don't know how far I can push a tank of gas because I haven't tried yet, I'm starting to stretch it more, but I'm basically still trying to get comfortable with the guage on the bike.

Nick
                Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I just got back from Deals Gap Sunday and i averaged 53 miles per gallon on the way back home. This was 90% interstate driving though. Mine is a 2004 600, completely stock with 1900 miles
                  Barry

Comment

Don't know what it is on the Kat, but I'm getting about 40/City and 48/Highway on the Busa, normal riding. If I really get after it the mileage drops to 38/City.
                    sigpic

Comment

My 90' Kat 600 does 230KM(143Miles) per tank (not using reserve. works out at about:
                      14,75KM/liter
                      35,25 MPG (US)
                      41.66 MPG (UK)

If i push it for all it's worth, it runs as low as 11,5-12Km/l

[EDIT] The cage(89 2.0 Mazda 626LX) does about 11Km/l [/EDIT]
                      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Working...
                      X