No announcement yet.
X

Gas mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On this last tank I got about 40 mpg on just over 3 gal. so I guess it's not too bad. I do mostly city riding with alot of farm roads thrown in and keep the rpm's up some.
    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

On my 1992 Kat 750 jetted and custom exhaust, I get about 35 mpg, which sucks. but I can SQEEEEEEEEZE 120 miles per tank. Not exactly the paradigm of efficently.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        Originally posted by 2K5GSX600F
        Right, I do have the CA model and I am around 100 miles when the needle goes into the red. not sure how much further it goes before needing to switch to reserve.
        It varies from Kat to Kat, but my needle is basically more than 3/4's of the way through the red before I physically hit the reserve requirement (i.e. - have to change the petcock to get fuel back to the carbs). My last Kat it was about 1/8th of the way into the red when it hit the reserve requirement.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Im the same way almost.. when I hit about 1/2 way into the red, she'll start to dog out.. Ive never run it down completely in reserve but I know Ive gotten a good 16 miles once on reserve. I was sweating it big time.

Comment

On my trip to work this morning I was about halfway through the red. I rode 35 miles to work and stopped for gas at lunch. I got a total of 185 miles on this tank, which is by far the farthest I have gone. I dont figure the gas mileage often, but I might on this next tank. It did take $7.24 to fill. I typically stop for gas when I get to the top of the red, and that is usually about 130 miles.

Comment

when my bike is running tuned well, I get about 40mpg with my 1100. I am good for well about 220miles on a tank. My tank is 5.3 US gallons. 20 liters or 4.4 imperial gallons.
            You guys that say you get 45-50mpg, but yet only 120 miles to a tank, just how SMALL is your tank???
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18
              I usually get 120-140 to a tank, never had to go to the reserve. Seemes to average about 43MPG.

'95 Kat 750 with just over 4400 miles on it.
              Same here, never been to reserve, got 140 miles on it now waiting to get refilled. I imagine I could probably get another 20 miles out of it easily, but I don't like to push the running-out-of-gas envelope.
              Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                You guys that say you get 45-50mpg, but yet only 120 miles to a tank, just how SMALL is your tank???
                Same as yours, I just stop to fill it up sooner than you apparently

I think the most I've ever put in my Kat was 3.6 gallons or something to that effect. Its usually around 3.

Nick
                Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

Just measured mine today:

153.7 miles, 3.46 gallons to fill.

44.4 MPG

Comment

Originally posted by naskie18
                    Originally posted by Mojoe
                    Same as yours, I just stop to fill it up sooner than you apparently

I think the most I've ever put in my Kat was 3.6 gallons or something to that effect. Its usually around 3.

Nick

You lost me. Before you said you only got 120-140 to a tank. Is that the distance you can actually go on a full tank, or is that the distance you go before you decide to top it off? I can squeeze about 380kms out of a full tank...over 400 if I am taking it real easy. My tank is 5.3 gallons.....not 3.6. I really don't think we get the same thing at all.

Comment

i always run with reserve switched to on. I havent run out of gas yet, i can always tell when i need to get gas , it loses power big time but then after 5seconds it comes back on and i got about 10miles to get gas, but in sacramento there is a station every 3miles somewhere. I get about 180 miles on my full tank(reserve too) so thats about 45mpg. Im always taking off very fast from a stop too but never speeding. I just like accelerating hard.
                      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I have no reserve...et least not the same as you guys with the 600's and 750's. I have no petcock. Well, I do, but there is no run/off/resever switch. I have a guage. It hits red at 1/8 of a tank. I am good for about 20-25 miles once it hits red.

Comment

148-155 all cruising miles, not a lotof traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaTX
                            148-155 all cruising miles, not a lotof traffic.
                            Well, you know what they say.... Everything is BIGGER in Texas...
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

i only get about 33 miles per gallon average, but ive still got some fine tuning to do since the rebuild and ive also got a very small leak that only leakes when its running
                              The Katana's Big Brother
                              1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Selby
                                Just measured mine today:

153.7 miles, 3.46 gallons to fill.

44.4 MPG
                                any cager would kill to have those kinda numbers w/ their car!

Comment

Working...
                                X