X

Katana Symbol from older Katanas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Symbol from older Katanas

Where can I get the a good pic of the Katana Symbol that I see on older katanas? You know the one whith an Japanese charachter and sword crossing it. I'd like to make a graphic for my bike using that but need a good pic of it. Thanks guys.....Later
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

try www.dogpile.com , click image search, enter Katana.
    Or search the web for "Kanji Katana" since the symbol is the Kanji language character for a Katana. The sword you may have to add over it.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

FYI on the dogpile search.. be careful what pics you click on.. and who's watching when you do! I'll just let ya see for urself!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
        FYI on the dogpile search.. be careful what pics you click on.. and who's watching when you do! I'll just let ya see for urself!

I never tried just Katana in the search... She sure knows how to make a Katana look good

Try searching with the phrase "kanji katana" and you'll find what you're looking for:

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!

Comment

What year bikes were those on? Anybody got any pics of a bike with that on it? I'm at work, so I'm guessing I probably shouldn't do the dogpile search
            Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I've seen it on some of the 80s Katanas. Not sure about those years but it's before the pre 98s like I have (mine's a 92). You know the ones with the really angular fronts. I don't know if the symbol was a factory thing or something people put on afterward but it's the kanji charachter with the sword through it. Here's an example. A little hard to see becuase of glare but it's right under the seat
              Attached Files

Comment

that would make a great avatar CP!

Comment

Mr N G

the logo was stock....and the location on the pic was where it was from the factory, although that bikes logo is a reproduction. had "SUZUKI" in red on the tank and NOTHING on the tail section

Comment

That might be something that Suzuki should bring back, as part of a special edition Kat...should that ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                      That might be something that Suzuki should bring back, as part of a special edition Kat...should that ever happen.
                      They already did a special edition Kat...
                      More details in my upcoming book.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I found a pretty cool graphic using a kanji symbol for katana. It looks slightly different than the factory one but I think I like it better. http://www.alloutgraphics.com/image_kat2.htm and this one http://www.alloutgraphics.com/image_kat3.htm

Comment

they are nice...but this is the nicest...and it is the original, just happened to see a sweet 83 750 today...Silver with Burgandy tank top and seat accent

Comment

Wonder if originals or repro ones are available.....They really are sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                              Wonder if originals or repro ones are available.....They really are sweet
                              any graphic designer could knock off a set of those in vinyl

Comment

Working...
                              X