X

Passenger Footpeg ?'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Footpeg ?'s

I have noticed in some pictures, that Kahulamud's passenger footpegs are the removable kind......

Mine are welded to the frame. Was this a 750 thing, or a general model year upgrade.

Just curious, I like to find out everything about the bike I can.
    My sig is boring.

It was a model year thing I believe. I think 2001 and above, but don't quote me. My '01's were removable.

Comment

My 1998 600 are welded
      I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

My 97 Kat s are removable....they were a constant nuiscance......kept coming loose....I just took them off....the place where the peg attaches are welded but the peg itself comes off.....

Comment

2000 models are welded...
          -----------------------
          2000 Katana 750
          K&N Filter and Jet Kit
          Yoshi Slip-on
          Katana Tank Bra
          Polished bar ends
          100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

The cross-over year is the 2000 to 2001 model year. 98 - 00's have welded rear passenger foot rest mounts; '01 and newer have the bolt-on versions.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks again for answering my questions fellas.

Sucky. I was hopig there would be a way to adjust the height of the rear pegs....my gals legs cramp on long rides....so I figured I'd see about something that would work....then I noticed...i have welded peg mounts. Damn. Oh well.
              My sig is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider
                Thanks again for answering my questions fellas.

Sucky. I was hopig there would be a way to adjust the height of the rear pegs....my gals legs cramp on long rides....so I figured I'd see about something that would work....then I noticed...i have welded peg mounts. Damn. Oh well.
                You could always have them cut/rewelded... bt that's a lot of effort and work (esp. recoating after welding so it won't rust).

The other option is changing the seat so she has more support at her thighs and/or lower back. I know mine swears by the Corbin over the stock seat, and she's 5'9".

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Changing the seat will also help to keep her from sliding front everytime you stop, therefor also putting less stress on her lower body.

Comment

Working...
                  X