X

Bugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs

Hey, how come none of you warned that I would be hit with giant insects every 20 seconds lliving in the midwest before I got my bike? *grin*. Just venting. But seriously, what do you guys think the best way to deal with a nice fatty nailing your face mask? Is there any special anti bug stick products to prevent that nice colorful streak that appears after I wipe it?

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Crack

Don't wipe it with your glove, they always smear and you can't see crap after that. Other than keeping a cloth and cleaner under the seat your stuck with it until you get home or find a gas station.
    Kyle

Comment

you need those "tear offs" like the racers use..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        you need those "tear offs" like the racers use..
        That would be sweet... they should seriously make those for street bikes...

Comment

I'm not too sure what you are refering too. But I guess you are right. Although, I had a half dolar size spread of guts right in the center that I couldn't help but wipe.

Comment

that's one reason why i use a clear shield & wear sunglasses - i can flip up the visor when i get beaned - then pull over in a safe place to clean ( i use plexus ) off the guts.

tim

Comment

They do make tear-offs for street riders. Even in different thicknesses -- 1 to 2 mil immediate toss-aways and 4 mil clean a half-dozen to a dozen times before trashing types. Crackshot, a tear-off is basically a form of clear (usually -- sometimes tinted) plastic that lays over the visor in a stack of thin sheets, and you simply pull the top layer off to restore vision. Very commonly used by pro-racers and pro-dirt track riders because they can't stop to clean a visor during a race. Some stick to the visor by the equivilent of post-it-note glue, some by static cling, some by something tougher.

As for the bug-guts: wet wipes from your favorite BBQ place, or a paper towel with distilled water in a ziplock bag under the seat. Or a gas station. Taller windshield.

As for bug-guts, don't smear at 'em. Unless your glove has a built-in windshield wiper (some do), wait until you can get fluid on it before removing.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

man i was riding yesterday and hit some huge bug or something. All i felt was WHAP!!! OUCH!! splash. It hurt was cold and very wet. I never saw it but when i eventually stopped there were tons of little red blood-like drops all over my gas tank.
                " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

+2 trinc.. i always wear a clear shield.. partially becuase I ride alot at night, but also because of being able to wear shades underneath, get some occasional air when my head gets hot, an also not be stuck looking at bug guts when a nice juicy one decides its thier time!

Comment

I just ride with a half helmet with my mouth wide open when the bugs are out...Free meals man

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
                      man i was riding yesterday and hit some huge bug or something. All i felt was WHAP!!! OUCH!! splash. It hurt was cold and very wet. I never saw it but when i eventually stopped there were tons of little red blood-like drops all over my gas tank.
                      Ride in Maine in June and get hit by what we call "June bugs"... They are a hard shell insect that is the size of a pill bottle... Those damn things hurt when they hit you, almost take you right off the bike.......

Comment

Originally posted by gsxkatana600
                        I just ride with a half helmet with my mouth wide open when the bugs are out...Free meals man
                        Like on "Me, Myself, and Irene" when Jim Carrey is bring her back to the police station!!!

And babywipes dude. They are like duct tape, and have a ton of uses. I always have some with me when I travel.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by ghost
                          Ride in Maine in June and get hit by what we call "June bugs"... They are a hard shell insect that is the size of a pill bottle... Those damn things hurt when they hit you, almost take you right off the bike.......
                          Those things are nasty.
                          Kyle

Comment

tear offs

PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Thanks guys. I always appreciate that I can get tons of useful advice here.

And on another note, is it wrong that I feel so happy that around my bike, all the cages are covered with bird sh!t, and there sits my kat, covered, protected from thier horrible wrath?

Comment

Working...
                              X