Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Critters living in my bike (just venting)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critters living in my bike (just venting)

Well my bike is still at the dealers. They rebuilt my carbs and I asked to inspect the bike since I noticed I didn't have a sticker. Well they said it wouldn't pass because of a bad steering bearing I think. I told them I wanted to sleep on it because this was just a first bike and I didn't want to put money into it. So I called this morning to tell them to just do it. well the service manager told me that there was something living in the air cleaner. I told him that I had the bike apart the night before trying to troubleshoot it myself and that I had blown the filter with compressed air. I also mentioned that the bike lives in the garage and was driven daily before I dropped it off. He kept telling me that he was saving the filter to show that there was something living in there. I told him that I didn't doubt it since it has been sitting in there parking lot for so long, but as long as that was all that needed to be replaced I didn't care. I even told him to order a K&N to put in it. He suggested against that filter because they tend to flow too much air. He offered a better filter for like $18 so I said go ahead.
    Do you believe this guy was still talking about the animal living in there. I am going to flip on him if there is any more damage than the filter.
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

So what was living in your bike ?????
    Get Rich or Die Tryin

SOLD....1989 Red Katana 600
    Mesh Mod
    K&N Filters
    Chrome Decal Kit
    Red & Black Gel Grips ( Pro Grip model 724 )
    K&S black Bar Ends
    Sportech Chrome Windshield
    Vance & Hines Supersport Exhaust
    Clear flush signals (front)

Comment

A Cat-ana?

Comment

I found a mouse nest in my wifes car once..
        In the air cleaner..
        No mice.. I guess they either moved out or got combusted..

Comment

I found a crab nest once in my......uh, nevermind...

Comment

I think they said a chipmunk
            92 Katana 600 Project bike
            Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

A co-worker of mine last year started his bike up for the season and blew a mouse and its nest out of his exhaust pipe. Next day...same thing. Apparently, mice don't learn very well.
              I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

I had a critter build a nest in my air cleaner last year. Didn't learn from it, think they did the same thing over the winter again. Its got such a big opening, they just go in and out.
                Keith Paton
                Red Kat 600 00 SOLD
                13 GSXR750

Comment

If my discovery channel memory is fresh I'm pretty sure chipmunks live in the ground through tunnels that they make, not in a nest above ground.

just my 02.
                  I had something witty to say but then I drank a beer....

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                    I found a crab nest once in my......uh, nevermind...

Comment

This has got to be an April 1st post......creature living in a motorcycle.....gime a break.....first time I ever heard of this one.....OMG got to go check my bike ASAP.....thats hwta happens to your bikes if you leave them unridden for too long....lol. At least start it once a while. In a car I can imagine there are so many dead spaces where critters can live...but in a bike there are only so many spaces and once you start the damn things up I would be surprised if any thing lived through that smalle engine blasting up. Imagine squishing a chipmunk in your carbs........grossss.

Comment

A couple of years ago I started up my gas grill after it sat all winter covered outside. I heard an awful commotion and out from a hole at the bottom of the grill comes a squirrel running like his butt was on fire (no pun intended)...

Comment

Working...
                        X