No love for the Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No love for the Katana?

from a local board I am on, just thought I'd see what you guys think:

guy 1: today i stopped and looked at a 2000 Suzuki Katana. Its got 5500 miles, 600cc, never been layed down, and looks to be in pretty good shape. the guy is asking $3200 for it. so my question is, is this a good buy or not?

guy 2: no kaTUNA'S suck..and you will get no respect from other bikes.. seriously, katanas are for girls or ppl who cant learn quickly. At least if you buy a bike like that dont spend more than $2k.
    I like my Kat, why the hate?

oh, and btw, guy 2 has a 97 yamaha 600
    Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Don't sweat it, some peple love them, some hate them. Although..."and you will get no respect from other bikes"... I have yet to see/hear this in person, I have one buddy that will jokingly call it a Kanatuna but he learned on a Kat and knows they are a good ride.
    Kyle

Comment

People who hate them have never riden one.
      I got rid of my 89 900 ninja and a 92 cbr 600 for mine.
      I have never had anyone say bad things of my Kat.

Comment

Also, people that hate them are either Squids with no riding experiance, or posers, who only ride to show off.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

+1 to sweet Lou..

Comment

Re: No love for the Katana?

guy 2: no kaTUNA'S suck..and you will get no respect from other bikes.. seriously, katanas are for girls or ppl who cant learn quickly. At least if you buy a bike like that dont spend more than $2k.

Life is full of superfiscial tools who align themselves with name brand items thinking the prestige THEY HOLD for said item, wears off on them. Peeps like that, NEED something to look down on to make themselves and their stuff, feel better. My wife has a friend like that, she refers to her car not as an SUV, but a Mercedes ML320.......

Straight out, if you're buying a bike to get props from kiddies, idiots and lemmings, this is the wrong machine. Chicks will dig it though...... and I'd rather get attention from the chicks.......

I've said this a million times. Anybody who truly thinks their hot stuff and the Katana is a roach, should go to the Star School in CA where JAson Pridemore gives rides 2 up, on his 2K 750 Katana, and laps the track, riding 2 up. Try your stuff against Pridemore on his Kanotuna........

....and many people don't know it has a GSXR based motor in it..... Throw that one out there when they're hurling insults and watch the Gixxer boys shut up real fast.....

My girl (wife) rides a Katana and has lost a lot of pansies who can't corner their lemming-mobile......there's something bad about that ????!?!?!?!?
            Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

That's kind of what I was thinking Matt.

I mean, I love my Katana. I don't stunt, and don't need to go 2000mph, but I like to play in the twisties, and like to have the ability to hit 125 on the straight if I want. A Katana just seemed like a good fit to me.

It's just people like this that really peeve me off. He's probably never even ridden one and only bases his opinion on what another lemming told him
              Thanks to KR, everytime I look at my bike, my wallet screams "NOOOOOOOoooooo"

Comment

Its like everyone else has already said...

I have beaten people trhough twities on my Kat...and they have been on R6's, CBR's Etc. If you know how to ride and enjoy what you have...who cares? Besides...ask them to go on a long ride one day...say 300 or so miles! Then we will see who has the better bike!
                Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

D-yock...

Comment

yea i dont get it either. i love my kat, its been the perfect bike. sure, i would like to have a gixer or daytona or something to that effect. but, i have nothing but good things to say about the kat.
                    -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

I love my Kat, I drive it to Dallas and Houston and back and its a dream to drive. It has enough power to get me where I want to go, I'm not a atreet racer so 80 in the fast lane is plenty fast. Ilike the weight asit feels solid, and it a sharp looking bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt

Life is full of superfiscial tools who align themselves with name brand items thinking the prestige THEY HOLD for said item, wears off on them. Peeps like that, NEED something to look down on to make themselves and their stuff, feel better. My wife has a friend like that, she refers to her car not as an SUV, but a Mercedes ML320.......

Straight out, if you're buying a bike to get props from kiddies, idiots and lemmings, this is the wrong machine. Chicks will dig it though...... and I'd rather get attention from the chicks.......

I've said this a million times. Anybody who truly thinks their hot stuff and the Katana is a roach, should go to the Star School in CA where JAson Pridemore gives rides 2 up, on his 2K 750 Katana, and laps the track, riding 2 up. Try your stuff against Pridemore on his Kanotuna........

....and many people don't know it has a GSXR based motor in it..... Throw that one out there when they're hurling insults and watch the Gixxer boys shut up real fast.....

My girl (wife) rides a Katana and has lost a lot of pansies who can't corner their lemming-mobile......there's something bad about that ????!?!?!?!?
                        Well said. You said everything i wanted to say and more

Comment

[quote="Matt"]
                          Straight out, if you're buying a bike to get props from kiddies, idiots and lemmings, this is the wrong machine.
                          BINGO! I have never cared what other people think...not about to start anytime soon.

The Kat is perfect for what I need it to be.
                          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

yeah i join a bike club last night and when i told them what i ride every one got there laugh on
                            "LOOK EARL ITS KARMA'S ARMY MADE UP OF THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD"

Comment

You know the tires size to peni$ ratio, well for some guys the same holds true for thier bike. All the men here are obviously comfortable in their manhood and have nothing to prove!!
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X