X

Longest ride you've done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest ride you've done?

What's the longest ride you've been on? For me, it was the loop that falcn and I did in October (or was it November) of 2003. Wow, was it really that long ago?!

Anyway, we left my place early in the morning. Took the slab to Harrisonburg, VA. Met up with SOULRIDER, Hitman, usroadscholar, and a few others. Rode with them for a few hours until we split off and did a loop around Wheeling, WV. Went to Seneca Rocks. Then back home from there. We logged about 610 miles that day, give or take a few miles...

That was a great ride...

I took tomorrow and Friday off. I'll hopefully be putting down the most miles I have in 4 days...

I'm going to be doing about 450 miles tomorrow. I'm shooting for 350 - 400 on Friday. A nice 400 mile loop for Saturday. I'll be doing about 425 on the way home on Sunday.

Gee, I'll need tires again soon.
    -Steve

About 17 miles. Man was my but sore afterwords!!!

Kidding.

Not sure on miles, but I can easily do a 8 hour day of nothing but riding. As soon as the bike gets back together, I plan on doing a 600 miles weekend to get it fully broke in quick.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

well, one would be my ride from cincinnati to youngstown ohio. met up with otla and his friend in columbus then we took back roads through old amish country for a little while. they split off and went back home and i continued on to youngstown. came home the next day. that was about 300 miles each way.

second, spent 8 hours riding twisties with md86 & felix. i think we logged about 600 miles that day.
      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

I did about 600 miles all straight
        From MA to Richmond VA.. 10 hours..

Comment

Well , either when I got my first bike in Mi and rode it home (300+miles) , or the trip down to the Gap last summer . Both were pretty long , and both were over 5 hours . Not alot by most people's standards , but enough for me .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by taz
            well, one would be my ride from cincinnati to youngstown ohio. met up with otla and his friend in columbus then we took back roads through old amish country for a little while. they split off and went back home and i continued on to youngstown. came home the next day. that was about 300 miles each way.

second, spent 8 hours riding twisties with md86 & felix. i think we logged about 600 miles that day.
            That was a great ride!! (Outside of slow traffic on the backroads)

I think my longest ride so far was about 350 miles altogether.

A friend and I went from Delaware into southern Ohio close to Parkersburg WV. We rode pretty much all day at a relaxing pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              I did about 600 miles all straight
              From MA to Richmond VA.. 10 hours..
              Yup...something very similar except Maine to VA! 14 hours!!
              Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Around 450 miles, I have gone from Orange County to Sacramento. I also have made many trips from SanFrancisco to LA. I used to go down for the weekend about once a month.

Comment

i have gone about 500 or so. ime and my cousin went up to hampton beach in NH and ended up crusing the whole coast of maine.
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  Lean in Lean out.
                  ------------------------------------------------------
                  1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                  2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                  2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                  2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

About 150 miles

Although I am planning a 300 mile day for next weekend, to the Berkshires (mountains in western Massachusetts)

I have always wanted to ride a motorcycle clear across the US, coast to coast. Someday...
                    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

In 1998, I drove from Abrams, WI to Eugene, OR where I was attending Grad School. Unfortunately, I waited until the last possibly minute to leave and only had about 4 days before I need to be there to start one of my fellowships. I wound up doing the entire drive in those 4 days on my old GS550L (and it just about killed me and my enthusiam for long trips)

Day one - Abrams, WI to St Cloud MN 359 miles

Day two - St Cloud, MN to Miles City, MT 632 miles

Day three - Miles City, MT to Boise, ID 762 Miles

Day Four - Boise, ID to Eugene, OR 542 Miles

By the time I hit Boise, I considered trying to sell the bike and take a bus the rest of the way. When I did eventually get to Eugene I was suffering from a pinched nerve in my back. My advice, never drive more than 300-450 miles a day. Your mind, body, and fellow travelers will thank you.

Comment

I think Jackal holds the record around here!
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

2200 Miles!
                          The bike was in a trailer tho....does that still count?

350 miles is as far as I've been ON the bike...

Comment

Pheonix (Scottsdale) to Tampa (Clearwater) as a straight shot. No sleeping, no breaks except for gas & food & bathroom; took 44.5 hours. Mapquest says it's 2163.7 miles -- I can't honestly remember how much the odo said (it's many, many years ago).

The longest trip I've done in the past few years as a straight shot was Washington DC (and then the return trip a few days later) -- about 920 miles in a day each way, plus around town once I arrived...

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Longest ride, hhmm, that would have to the 425 mile trip we did on a saturday, up to Pittsburgh, and then back down, and ended up in the pocono mountains before heading home. Man the scenery is breathtaking every time I think about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X