X

Longest ride you've done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meanstrk
    Many, MANY 500 plus mile days just messing around.

300 miles is a short Sunday ride normaly or an average day in the mountains just having fun. Can't wait to get back!
    Damn dude ! 200 miles is a pretty long day for me ! Of course , I don't really have to "go" anywhere to get to the good roads , so that cuts down on milage a bit . But after 100 miles , my knees are week and my legs get tired from all the dancing around on the pegs .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
      Originally posted by Macka
      About 150 miles

Although I am planning a 300 mile day for next weekend, to the Berkshires (mountains in western Massachusetts)
      We have a place out there, niiice riding area.

Be sure to take rte 23 headed towards Otis (west?) from 8 in Westfield by the paper mill. Awesome road!! (although a lot of tar snakes) I love riding out there.

My longest ride was also about 150 then was called short due to rain. We were in NH (franconia notch to Kanc to 16) and the open road ticks miles away like I've never experienced around here.

OK! Thanks for the tip. Looking at my map it seems as if there are a lot of nice roads out that way.

Funny, I was planning out the same NH ride as you...93 to Kancamagus to 16, then continuing all the way to the top of Mt Washington.
      "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Originally posted by Macka
        OK! Thanks for the tip. Looking at my map it seems as if there are a lot of nice roads out that way.

Funny, I was planning out the same NH ride as you...93 to Kancamagus to 16, then continuing all the way to the top of Mt Washington.

There is some AWESOME riding out there!!

I can't get my wife to ride up Mt Wash.....she's afraid of going over the side. In June (?) they do a rally race to the top - bet that'd be cool to see.

When we did our ride, Rte 302 from Franconia Notch ALL THE WAY to Bretton Woods was torn up and covered in rocks/gravel.......it's probably repaved by now, but what a trial-by-fire for my wife, 10+ miles of dirt road !!

(NH) 153 is supoosed to be awesome too, but it seems a bit congested for my taste.
        Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

that sounds as bad as the 15 miles of grooved pavement I hot last year coming up to your house Matt
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

1600 km in 2 days!it was very cool weekend!!!in the black forrest(schwarzwald) where you can ride a lot of curves!
            at end of the month i go there again!!! 8) 8)
            West of Germany
            greetz Carsten

Comment

Cranbrook, British Columbia to Toronto, Ontario

I went down through the states and back up at the end, roughly 5000km in 5 nights in september (brrrrrr).
              1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                Originally posted by kickitjp
                Originally posted by Waltari
                In 1998, I drove from Abrams, WI to Eugene, OR where I was attending Grad School. Unfortunately, I waited until the last possibly minute to leave and only had about 4 days before I need to be there to start one of my fellowships. I wound up doing the entire drive in those 4 days on my old GS550L (and it just about killed me and my enthusiam for long trips)
                You went to UO huh?

(just joking)
                Hey once you beat off all the hippies with a stick, UO was a cool place You "aint onea them beavers is ya"
                Better than OSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You mean there is a college in Corvallis? I didn't know there was anything in Corvallis."

Comment

Working...
                X