No announcement yet.
X

Longest ride you've done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm in for a long weekend which starts tomorrow. I'll have anywhere between 1300 and 1700 more miles on the Tuono by the end of the weekend. Thank God. I'm overdue a nice long getaway on the bike.
    -Steve

Comment

I rode from Southern Maine to Northern Maine and into Canada.... total mileage was around 450 miles in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
        In 1998, I drove from Abrams, WI to Eugene, OR where I was attending Grad School. Unfortunately, I waited until the last possibly minute to leave and only had about 4 days before I need to be there to start one of my fellowships. I wound up doing the entire drive in those 4 days on my old GS550L (and it just about killed me and my enthusiam for long trips)
        You went to UO huh?

(just joking)

Comment

1186 miles over 3 days. 505 in 1 10 hr day from fortuna, ca to fresno.
          '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            Originally posted by Waltari
            In 1998, I drove from Abrams, WI to Eugene, OR where I was attending Grad School. Unfortunately, I waited until the last possibly minute to leave and only had about 4 days before I need to be there to start one of my fellowships. I wound up doing the entire drive in those 4 days on my old GS550L (and it just about killed me and my enthusiam for long trips)
            You went to UO huh?

(just joking)
            Hey once you beat off all the hippies with a stick, UO was a cool place You "aint onea them beavers is ya"

Comment

I did Stratford Ont to Lexington Ky a couple of times last year. 610 miles each way.
              The fall trip was the longest. Rode down on day one, all day bike tour through the kentucky countryside on the second day ( which was awesome !!!), and then rode back home the third day.
              Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
              Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Camp lejuene North Carolina to Bradenton florida friday 600 some miles then went back on monday on a CBR 900. I was 23 and didnt know any better I would rather have the Kat for that.
                I had the bike one week and when I did that trip, man was I sore.

Joe
                sigpic

Comment

Round trip from Halifax to Ottawa/Toronto. Total 4,300 km. Longest streatch was Fredericton to Ottawa 950 km in a day!
                  Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Steve had an awesome day for it - he was coming through this area and it was the nicest day in 2 weeks. Perfect riding weather.

I am at work. Poop.
                    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

21 hours - Andalusia Alabama - Ft.Worth Texas
                      A little over 1000 miles on a honda CBR 600

My bum hurt
                      My wrist hurt
                      My legs hurt
                      My back hurt
                      ....Never will do that again on a sport bike

Comment

Originally posted by gsxkatana600
                        21 hours - Andalusia Alabama - Ft.Worth Texas
                        A little over 1000 miles on a honda CBR 600

My bum hurt
                        My wrist hurt
                        My legs hurt
                        My back hurt
                        ....Never will do that again on a sport bike

So, wana go when I get down there????
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

10,000 KM one week from Toronto to Vancouver and back....longest day around 1200KM.....since then I have only done day trips around southern Ontario...maybe 2 or 300 KM. The ironic thing is that I didn't have the corbin or touring windshield on the long trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Macka
                            About 150 miles

Although I am planning a 300 mile day for next weekend, to the Berkshires (mountains in western Massachusetts)
                            We have a place out there, niiice riding area.

Be sure to take rte 23 headed towards Otis (west?) from 8 in Westfield by the paper mill. Awesome road!! (although a lot of tar snakes) I love riding out there.

My longest ride was also about 150 then was called short due to rain. We were in NH (franconia notch to Kanc to 16) and the open road ticks miles away like I've never experienced around here.
                            Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

Did the Bun Burner Gold 1500 in 22 hours 35 minutes on the Bandit. Actual milage was 1593.

Did a Saddle Sore 1000 on the Katana in under 15 hours. My buddy was on a CBR F4.

Last year..... Numerous, and I mean too many to count, rides from Camp Lejeune, NC (On the coast) to New Orleans and back once a month. Right at 1000 miles each way.

Many, MANY 500 plus mile days just messing around.

300 miles is a short Sunday ride normaly or an average day in the mountains just having fun. Can't wait to get back!
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

A few years ago while heading to the Blue Ridge Parkway my friend and I did a 500 mile day. That was with my previous Kat which was a 1988 Katana 1100. Funny thing was that at the end of the day I really did'nt feel all that beat. That bike was a real mileage eater, big comfy and stable!

Comment

Working...
                                X