No announcement yet.
X

Any tips on getting use to the weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im 5'6 at 175 and I din't seem to have any issues with the weight. I just wish people would stop backing into it. IT'S ORANGE FOR GODS SAKE HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT. Just go to a parking lot and play with the KAt for a couple of days and you will ne fine.

Comment

My wife is 5'-4" and handles her 750 kat like a mini bike. Keep in mind she's only 51 years old. i don't think you young guys should have any issue with the weight of the bike. She also ride mt 650 lb VTX !!

Comment

Originally posted by jndodd View Post
        My wife is 5'-4" and handles her 750 kat like a mini bike. Keep in mind she's only 51 years old. i don't think you young guys should have any issue with the weight of the bike. She also ride mt 650 lb VTX !!
        I'll ask this for the single guys ('cause you know they're thinking it): does she have a sister?
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Funny , I've ridden only a handful of bikes ( 86' radian , 90' kat , 03' 600RR , 07' ZZR , ) but of them all them I found the radian easiest to ride with the cat coming in a close second. To me it seems like the supersports turn in too far doing low speed manuvers, the kat seems to have a very linear turning feel.

Maybe its just me but I like the feel of the kat at low speeds

Comment

Originally posted by XPS1134
            The only annoying thing is backing it out
            I have to agree with XPS1134. It is a pain backing out. You're kinda short so yeah you should lower it. But your weight should make it a little easier to hold.

Comment

Originally posted by XPS1134
              The only annoying thing is backing it out
              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I went from a ninja 250 to an 06 kat 750 and never noticed a real weight difference reflected in handling.

Comment

Give it time you'll gwt used to it. I got used the the weight of the heavy Futura I had. This bike is feather light compared to the Fut.
                  Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                  '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                  '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                  '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                  I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Working...
                  X