Sold the Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold the Kat

Hi All

Well thats me sold the Kat. Really enjoyed the bike and had so much advice from you guys I would like to thank you all.

I put the bike in Scotads (free paper in scotland) at £895 looking for £850 with a full MOT. However I was a little optimistic as the bike had not even been in for its MOT which it duely failed. I thought, no worries, get it fixed and away. Steering head bearings and monoshock pivots. So….I planned to do this on Saturday morning but got a call at 9am about the bike. Guy wanted it, did not mind it had no MOT as long as I knocked some money off. We struck a deal and I agreed to bring it over. Phew.
    On my way to the guys Pub and the exhaust blows a big bloody hole in it! The size of a 50p, then another few small ones. I am now at the side of the road 1 min away from the pub with a bike which has no MOT or no bloody chance of passing it, spitting and shouting under my helmet!
    I think about turning around and going home calculating how much this will be to fix but decide to go passed and tell the guy.
    I go in, he looks at the bike…hum’s and ha’s and says, “I will take it off your hands”. I had already agreed £750 with out the MOT. He offers me £600 I say £700, he say £650 and we shake on it…….bike is gone.

Last edited by monkimagic; 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did the exhaust blow out because it was an all-winter hack, or just because it was old? The picture certainly looked good... You'll miss it in a few years

So what's the plan now -- new bike, new-to-you bike, or simply no two-wheel'd misadventures in spite of rising fuel costs and global warming making summer last a long, long time in the UK?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Never without a bike,

This has been my main bike for the last few years. My z1000

This is a cracker. I also have a 1991 VFR750 i am doing up just now.

Last edited by monkimagic; 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

wow..lovely.

Comment

That Z1000 is sweet and I like "viffers" too.

Originally posted by monkimagic View Post
          Never without a bike,

This has been my main bike for the last few years. My z1000

This is a cracker. I also have a 1991 VFR750 i am doing up just now.

Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

wow a z1000 that looks great! i think the stock exhaust makes it look like poo....now yours I could live with. Nice bike.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by monkimagic View Post
              Hi All

Well thats me sold the Kat. Really enjoyed the bike and had so much advice from you guys I would like to thank you all.

I put the bike in Scotads (free paper in scotland) at £895 looking for £850 with a full MOT. However I was a little optimistic as the bike had not even been in for its MOT which it duely failed. I thought, no worries, get it fixed and away. Steering head bearings and monoshock pivots. So….I planned to do this on Saturday morning but got a call at 9am about the bike. Guy wanted it, did not mind it had no MOT as long as I knocked some money off. We struck a deal and I agreed to bring it over. Phew.
              On my way to the guys Pub and the exhaust blows a big bloody hole in it! The size of a 50p, then another few small ones. I am now at the side of the road 1 min away from the pub with a bike which has no MOT or no bloody chance of passing it, spitting and shouting under my helmet!
              I think about turning around and going home calculating how much this will be to fix but decide to go passed and tell the guy.
              I go in, he looks at the bike…hum’s and ha’s and says, “I will take it off your hands”. I had already agreed £750 with out the MOT. He offers me £600 I say £700, he say £650 and we shake on it…….bike is gone.

Read that while trying to imagine an english accent...

Comment

Thanks for the compliments folks. The Z is my pride and Joy.

Comment

Nice bike. sorry to hear you got rid of the kat. stick around still though.
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                    Nice bike. sorry to hear you got rid of the kat. stick around still though.
                    Cheers mate, I would liked to.

Comment

Working...
                    X