X

3 questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 questions

i figured this would be the best place to ask since i am not looking for exact help with mechanics. ok first setting the back ground i may have found a better engine for the bike one that doesnt leak oil is newer and in better shape. so i want to sell the two engines i have now so how much should i get for them.. here the details both are 600cc engines

the 88 one
    not running something on the crankshaft assembly made it freeze. but it does have new rings and is very clean on the inside, needs a cam holder since i replaced the one in my bike now. new clutch also was put in (i may take depending on the condition of the other one) 17k miles on it in total

the 89 one
    valve cover replaced head re-tightened down, cam holder replaced, bottom left engine mount cracked but i can have it welded, leaks a little bit of oil out the cylinder head which may be from too much oil(please give me a price with and without leak) but runs perfectly fine. 19K miles on it.

now my question is will the carbs from a 89 work on an 97? i am guessing yes but wanted to make sure. and lastly how much is a reasonable amount to pay for a 97 gsx 600 engine?

Re: 3 questions

Originally posted by SurfinCR
    now my question is will the carbs from a 89 work on an 97? i am guessing yes but wanted to make sure. and lastly how much is a reasonable amount to pay for a 97 gsx 600 engine?
    Carbs will work, but not ideally. There is a 1mm size difference between the carbs.

In good shape, having good compression, less than 20k miles, $400 - $800. Add $250 if it comes with matched carbs, CDI, wiring harness, mounting bolts.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thats what i was afraid off with the carbs. sounds like i should start looking to buy the engine by the sounds of it the guy wants 450 for the engine itself then 150 for shipping but since he lives rather really close he was going to give me a discount on shipping..whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfinCR
        thats what i was afraid off with the carbs. sounds like i should start looking to buy the engine by the sounds of it the guy wants 450 for the engine itself then 150 for shipping but since he lives rather really close he was going to give me a discount on shipping..whatever that means.
        If he lives rather close, go borrow or rent a SUV or pick-up truck for the day and go pick it up in person.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber
          If he lives rather close, go borrow or rent a SUV or pick-up truck for the day and go pick it up in person.
          It's just an engine....should fit in just about any trunk.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i am not worried about picking it up i brought my old engine back to my place in the back of my elantra which has two 12" subs. i guess his main shop is in ottawa but has one or lives in new britain??? i dont know how that works and thats why i am confused withthe discount stuff.

Comment

no one can tell me a price for my two engines

Comment

Working...
              X