No announcement yet.
X

I got pulled over on Sunday.... twice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got pulled over on Sunday.... twice.

Each time I got pulled over, I was acting responsibly, and riding safely under the speed limit. I must remind you, the bike has a D&D that was installed by the previous owner. I don't like it; it's WAY too loud for my taste!

I just got the bike back together on Saturday, and the throttle cable was a little tighter than normal and the clutch was a little looser than normal. Because of that combination, the rpms revved a little before I got it into third after taking a corner. A cop heard me and waved me to the side, facing the other direction. I slowed and pulled a U-turn, just to hear him tell me "Just so you know, speeding tickets start at $250 around here; have a good day". I responded "I understand", and I thought to myself, "thanks for wasting my time".

About 5 miles down the road, I'm slowing for a speed limit drop and I blip the throttle as I down shift. There were 2 cops outside of their cars, talking, as I passed by. About another 2 miles down the road, one of them is following with the lights on. He said that my exhaust was too loud, as he starts tapping it and feeling it. He asked if I had gutted it I have to say, I'm not crazy about the D&D. I even TRY to keep it quiet.

No tickets. Some cops are just bored :P
    Ride like your life depends on it.

I have never had a problem with cops in my area and me having a D&D. And I like to make mine scream. Sounds like they were just out to get someone. Tell them to go eat a donut and go away!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

i'd change the pipe. d&d's are just to damn loud for the street ! that or ride next to hardley's

tim

Comment

Is a D&D that much louder than a harley? If they are pulling you over for that they should crack down on harley riders for being loud.

Comment

Exactly. You never hear about Hardleys with straight pipes being pulled over. Cops still get to choose who they think is 'too loud' and who sounds good.

I didn't want a ticket, so I tried to come off like I was trying my hardest to find a stock pipe to replace this one with. The last thing I need is to spend more money on the bike when the part works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bonstrosity
            Is a D&D that much louder than a harley? If they are pulling you over for that they should crack down on harley riders for being loud.
            I would say mine is a lot louder than most Harley's out there. Then again, I usually like to make her scream a bit more than most people.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

i think i still have my stock pipe if yea want it...it's off a '02 750....i dont have any use for it....will it fit your 600?

edit: o, you were "trying to come off" as if you wanted one......

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                Originally posted by bonstrosity
                I would say mine is a lot louder than most Harley's out there. Then again, I usually like to make her scream a bit more than most people.

+1
                Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i still think the stereotype about hardley riders exists - a cop would rather pull over a young punk kid on a sportbike than deal with a hardley rider and take a knife to the gut !

tim

Comment

dude, i hate cop harrasment. i haven't been pulled over on my bike yet, but i also drive a 72 vw van, all painted, and hippied out. i get pulled over ALOT for driving that. so, i know what it's like to be singled out.
                    "he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man"- Dr. Gonzo

Comment

damn, i rev the hell out of my yoshi and never take it out of 2nd gear in the city so i know i am loud going down the street, lol. This city has so many bikes that i doubt the police give a damn
                      Corys alter ego

Big Cory
                      SBFMC 707

Comment

I live in Harley town usa.. the main assembly plant is located about 5 miles or so from my house...so there are hogs all over creation all during riding season.. with all the loud pipes to go along w/ it. so cops dont mind it around here fortunately.

Comment

I just took my stock pipe of of my 05 750 Kat. I only put 600 miles on that pipe. If you want it, let me know. I put a scorpion on mine. love it!!

Comment

Black kat and katlover, I have been looking for a stock pipe. Does anyone know if the pipe from an '02 or '05 750 will fit on my '01 600?

Thanks for the offers. I will look into it working on my bike.

Comment

yeah Im not a fan out D&D at all. The Yosh and Wileyco's sound great on Kats but D&D seems loud for no reason.
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X