Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Speed
    I live in Harley town usa..
    You live in Milwauke ?I thought you were from Pa .... :-k
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The pulling over thing sucks but at least you escaped without having to give them an autograph on a ticket. I think I'll go with the Yoshi as opposed to the D & D. Thanks for the warning.

Comment

sounds like you should find someone with a stock pipe willing to trade, they may even throw a few $$ your way...that way you'll avoid spending money on the bike and get a quieter pipe!

Comment

Originally posted by soloscott
          Exactly. You never hear about Hardleys with straight pipes being pulled over. Cops still get to choose who they think is 'too loud' and who sounds good.
          The pull HD's over here. It doesn't matter what you ride, if it is loud, they will stop you. I see harley pulled over all the time....and I assume it is for the pipes.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I think it's much more rudimentary than everything you guys are making it out to be... If we pretend that the cops on the beat are just decendents of neo-classical caveman types who notice the biggest, brightest, loudest things out there (as a way of staying alive) and then fast-forward 500,000 years to the point that the previous threats are gone, but the instincts are still there, all you've done is awake some primeval instinct to survive (fight or flight -- and cops are trained against flight response). Effectively your pipe is yelling "hey, here I come!" from some great distance away, like a Sabertooth tiger crashing through the forest in search of a mate during rutting season...

A quiet pipe, a subdued car or bike, can often cover more miles quicker and with far less hassles than a bright, loud vehicle. Drive a stock pearl-white audi with no tint at significantly illegal speeds, then repeat 10% slower (but still above the limit) with a bright red firebird with an aftermarket exhaust and see which one gets ticketed more...

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              I think it's much more rudimentary than everything you guys are making it out to be... If we pretend that the cops on the beat are just decendents of neo-classical caveman types who notice the biggest, brightest, loudest things out there (as a way of staying alive) and then fast-forward 500,000 years to the point that the previous threats are gone, but the instincts are still there, all you've done is awake some primeval instinct to survive (fight or flight -- and cops are trained against flight response). Effectively your pipe is yelling "hey, here I come!" from some great distance away, like a Sabertooth tiger crashing through the forest in search of a mate during rutting season...

A quiet pipe, a subdued car or bike, can often cover more miles quicker and with far less hassles than a bright, loud vehicle. Drive a stock pearl-white audi with no tint at significantly illegal speeds, then repeat 10% slower (but still above the limit) with a bright red firebird with an aftermarket exhaust and see which one gets ticketed more...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Yeah... But who would dare be seen in a Audi?????

JUST KIDDING!!!!!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Just curious where dont I want to drive?
                Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Yeah... But who would dare be seen in a Audi?????
                  Soembody who's only other choice is a tangerine orange mexitana with the red-velvet button seat :P

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
                    Just curious where dont I want to drive?
                    Specifically, you don't want drive around Mount St. Helens with a D&D exhaust. Try to avoid doing that

Can anyone answer THE question? Do I need to find a stock 600 exhaust or will the 750 exhaust work equally as well??
                    Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X