steering head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering head

Hi Folks

Just had my Kat back from its Failed MOT. The guy tells me it is the steering head bearing as the steering is stiff, I cant tell but thats what he thinks.

Is there a way of adjusting this? if not does someone have info on changing the head bearings? - the lower bearings on a 1993 GSX750F

Cheers guys

Monki

If you buy a bearing set, you'll get both upper and lower bearings. It's better to change them both out at the same time.

I just had mine in for the safety too and mine needed them. If yours are really still like mine were, you'll be amazed at the difference when you get them changed.

I changed mine myself in about 3 hours. The worst part is removing the old bearing races. The one on the stem isn't bad if you have the Suzuki special tool, but if you don't it's a PITA. Hammering the races out of the head stock in the frame is a pain too. I used a dremel tool to get my race off the frame. Lots of care is required.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

the lower bearing really is not that hard. Take tne bearings and the cage off. Now there is a lip you can catch with a chisel. Knock it with a hammer, done.

Comment

Working...
      X