No announcement yet.
X

ok im fed up with this..please help!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok im fed up with this..please help!!!

Ive had my bike for almost a year and never had a problem, until the last 3 weeks i keep turning my key past off to the parking light. KILLING MY BATTERY. I've charged the battery 6times so i finally bought a new one today.

Is there a way to disable the P lights? Maybe cut one of the wires coming out of ignition switch? I shouldnt have to nor can i remember to check it EACH AND EVERY TIME. I've never even used them.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Is there something wrong with your ign.switch? Your key should not just go to parking position instad of off. I would inspect that first. U dont want to cut your wiring!
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Just look at what position the key is in before you take it out. You are pushing the key too far in when you turn the key back. There is nothing wrong with the bike.

Comment

just always train yourself to turn it ALL THE WAY...then back one detent

Comment

I did this once.. didnt drain my battery fortunately, but now, I always turn it off and then 1 more to lock the front end, and then just to be save, I wave my hand in front of the parking light, just to make sure it isnt on.

Comment

i know there is nothing wrong with the switch...i jsut wonder why they coudnt have made it so you had to push down and turn to P lights...like the way you do to turn it on. hm...
            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

There is one simple hardware solution (well, reasonably simple): replace your tail and 3rd eye bulb with LED replacements. These draw substancially less power than the stock bulbs and won't run your battery down at the same rate.

Now, that said, it's still easier to get in the habit of checking your rear light after you get off the bike, and getting into the habit of checking the key position when you take it out...

You know this is all bad karma for poking fun at someone else's after-run fan issue with their California model :P

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well i've actually had LED in the tails...but havent looked for one for the 3rd eye.

Comment

Wow! I agree with Range!?

Comment

I have done it a couple of times, luckily my battery didnt die cuz I didnt leave it on for too long, Now I just look in the front every time I get off my bike. It is just my new routine. Btw badkitty are you gonna ride in the sac to the bay run on june 12th
                    Big Cory
                    SBFMC 707
                    2005 Hayabusa

Comment

You could always snip the wires for your tail-light and 3rd eye. Then you won't have any dead battery problems, but porblems when you are braking.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                        I know , me too . Wierd , huh ?
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          Originally posted by Dee Dub
                          I know , me too . Wierd , huh ?
                          Have you noticed that ever since he cut his Mullet, he has actaually grown Smarter????
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I agree it is silly, who here actually uses the "park"
                            position? It is especialy hard in bright sunlight to see . I agree with Range too.
                            I don't think there are wires you could cut, you could modify the switch to eliminate the park feature but it would be a lot of work..

Comment

or you could just make sure you didnt turn it too far before you take the key out. Doesnt your switch have the letters on it?
                              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X