X

Bike stands.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike stands.

which is a good bike stand for 98 + Kat. Does anyone ever used front one as well? What is a good prize for one. Planing to get some this summer so any help is appreciated.
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

many people use both the front and rear stands to keep all the weight off both wheels to avoid cupping / flat spots in the tires. Especially when winterizing the bike or if it will sit for an extended period of time.

pit bull and handy stands are pretty popular amongst riders.

Comment

I just want to know what brand works the best with Kat98+

Comment

well...they have a set at Cdn Tire for $80.

With a little inginuity, you can adapt them to work on your bike...but with a centerstand, this is a moot point, as you will not reqiure them, unless you plan on working on the bike(removing wheels)...in which I would say to NOT get them.....get a better quality stand such as Hindle, and get a front stand that lifts fromt under the steering head as opposed to the forks.

Comment

I like my Center stand. It is made by Suzuki, and comes stock!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hey Lou u can,t use the cener stand and take both of your wheels of. And I just want to loose that ugly & heavy stand.

Comment

go here www.pit-bull.com I have a set of them and they work great. Not to mention most of the factory teams use them as well.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I use a LPUSA rearstand and just got a Vortex front stand from Speedwerks. They cost me around $125 each.

LP rearstand - Nice, easy to use, damn saftey clips for the lift pads keep falling out. Bad design that is going to land my bike on the ground if I don't fix it.

Vortex Frontstand (stem lift) - Very, Very nice unit and highly recommended. Solid, stable, well made, comparitively priced
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
                  Hey Lou u can,t use the cener stand and take both of your wheels of. And I just want to loose that ugly & heavy stand.
                  Oh, but you can!!!!!!

It just involves some type of bracket and straps to hold the bike up, while being balanced on the center stand.

As for the weight issue, I am not to concerned. As much as I weigh, I don't think that getting rid of the center stand would make much of a improvement, and I use it all the time. besides, what more do I need over the Gixxer 1127 enigne???

A busa engine maybe.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                  X