X

Bike magazines????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike magazines????

Which ones do u read? I like Motorcyclist & Sport Rider. Both have great coverage's and how -to's.For mods and killer bikes i get Super Streetbike.
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

I'm not so good at reading, but i sure do like purty pictures to look at!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sport Rider and Motorcyclist have LOTS of pretty pictures ! Got pretty good websites as well . I also read lots of Cycle World and Roadbike . Roadbike's kinda dorky , but they have a few cool articles about different roadtrips/destinations each month as well as some good tech/how-to stuff .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Roadracing world is one i pick up, usually every issue, but as far as others go, it all depends on the content. It seems that one month a magazine will have a "600 shootout" then the next month another magazine will have the same thing, and so on and so forth. The main feature stories seems to get passed around like a prison biatch.

I also pick up ALL the canadian magazines. Cycle Canada, and i think there is 2 more, though i could be wrong. I have a very bad memory for this kind of stuff

Comment

Andrew Trevitt from Sport Rider is Canadian , does THAT count ? He will apparently take any opputunity to remind anyone of that fact as well ...

Comment

My absolute favourite is the English mag STREETFIGHTERS!
            '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

I use to read Cycle Canada as well , But did not like it that much.
              www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

two wheel tuner, www.2wtmag.com , is great for custom, mod'd out sportbikes and how to's. Good mag, but also alot of eye candy too, . I also subscribe to motorcyclist and sportrider and read them cover to cover every issue. YOu have to take into account though, a certain amount of corporate biased these types of mags will use in their review.

Comment

Super Streetbike and some racing thing i dono i found it at wally world

Comment

Anyone have comments about Cycle World? I just signed up for a one year subscription. I remember in the early and mid 1960's, this was the only widely circulated American magazine that covered European cycle racing. Mike Hailwood dominated the scene back then.

Comment

popular question today.

Sport Rider and Motorcyclist
                      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Cycle World's okay . Not as entertaining as the others , it's more straitlaced maybe . Motorcyclist/Sport Rider are more "amusing" sometimes , make for better reading IMHO .

Comment

Didn't we do this topic already not that long ago?

Oh, yeah, here:
                          http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1227

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          I have subscriptions to Two Wheels Only (UK), CycleWorld, Rider, Bike (UK), SportRider, and a couple others. I like TWO, and the mechanics section in Rider, but find that I like BIKE (UK) the best of the bunch by a far shot and look forward to every new issue. Like TWO, you can sometimes find it at Borders or Barnes & Noble. Among other things, when they test bikes, they use a 450 mile course (city, rural roads, highways, plus a track session), so you get a real idea of what the ride is like, pitfalls and upsides. They do have a bais towards bikes that tend to perform better under British roadway conditions (duh!), which means nimble and long highway stretches aren't as important, but they do give you breakdowns of each type of section they cover for every bike they test.
                          Update: I sent a bunch of them to Meanstrk in Iraq when he first got there

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cycle World is a little boring. I like Sport Rider and Motorcyclist.

Comment

Why pay for magazines when all the information you need is right here on the internet?????

Comment

Working...
                              X