X

Centerstand Pre 750(is it just me?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centerstand Pre 750(is it just me?)

I have read the How-to ( I think it was posted here)
    and understand that the centerstand really is pushed under the bike rather
    than the bike pulled back up on the stand. However it seems that although I get it up ok... I can never seem to do it with out hurting my hands. There doesn't seem to be a place to grab the Kat..
    Under the seat is all pointy stuff..
    The grab bar is too far back, handlebars too far forward, I've even tried the foot pegs. What gives?

That is a great question. I to am able to get mine onto the center stand but it is awkward and scares the crap out of me that I am going to drop my bike in the prosses!! So I to am looking forward to any ansewrs that others might have.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

my grab bar is along the side of the seat, so that is what I use. I could not imagine having to try it with the grab bar at the rear like that. you definately need something solid to grab on to.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

That is a issue with the 750's. Your right and left hands should only be guiding the bike. Some people use the rear peg to hold on to. I for one find that difficult for a 6'3" tall guy LOL. As someone else said in prior post's, "balance is the key here"
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

One hand on the left handlebar, one hand at the rear (where ever works for you -- passenger footpeg, under-seat rail, grab rail, mounting racks if you have them, etc), and the real force driving the centerstand downward in conjunction with your weight. I'm lucky in that I have the givi racks for the bike, which makes it very easy for a good hand-hold.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wussy's
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Left hand on the bar. Lift the rear with the right hand [I use the pass. foot peg-bracket part] while u are pulling back with your left. It's not hard.
              www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

BUY A REAR STAND AND JUST USE THAT IT IS MUCH EASIER.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

It's not hard to get it up on the stand I just can't seem to do it without hurting my right hand..
                  the handle bars are too far away.. IMO

Comment

Something that works for me is leaning the bike SLIGHTLY towards myself while putting it on the stand, this way it's less likely to start shifting away from you, and if that happens, theres no way to stop it by yourself.

Comment

I always turn the bars to the left and pull back on them as I push the grab bar back. I never have a problem. I am 5'11'' and 185lbs.
                      2000 Kat 600
                      "Fast Blue"
                      Pic in Profile

Comment

I can grab the handle bar and the rar passenger grab jsut fine.. I am 6 feet tall.. one thing that makes it easier is to make sure that both feet of the stand is on the ground before you put your weight on the stand and rock the bike back.
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

i actually dont use my right hand at all, i push down real hard with my foot and let the center stand do its job. i only use my right hand to stabilize it and make sure it goes on the center stand properly.
                          -tonmarchelli

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                            It's not hard to get it up on the stand I just can't seem to do it without hurting my right hand..
                            the handle bars are too far away.. IMO
                            Get a leather work glove then . Damn , if I had a video camera , I'd record a how-to on this subject ...
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I made a thread asking about this not too long ago, when I was a newb...now I can do it no problem. Left hand on left grip, to guide only. Right hand on left passenger peg. Foot on center stand foot thingy, guidle with left hand, press down with foot and simutaneously give a slight lift on passenger peg with right hand. Works every time.

And yes the main force to accomplish the task comes from your foot pressing down on the centerstand!
                              "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Working...
                              X