X

I got hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got hit

Riding to work this morning and I am sitting at a light when I hear screeching brakes. I didnt even look I let the clutch out and started moving forward when I got hit. I almost fell off the back, I put my foot down twice before I could stop, twisted my ankle when the bike fell but I put the bike into some dirt. No damage the dirt was freshly put in for some landscaping so it was soft. The bike looked like it went mudding, I am at work trying to get all the dirt out of the chain and sprocket. The driver took off a red Honda all tricked out with tinted windows. If I had my gun I would have emptied the clip at the car. Everyone else stopped except the driver.Go figure. I was lucky I just got wet and muddy and pissed off. If I wouldnt have started moving I would have been toast.

Joe
    sigpic

that sucks....just curious...was your rear brakelight illuminated?

Did you file a police report? Glad you and your Kat are ok!

Comment

Did anyone get the tag number. That is a hit and run and it is a felony to do that. I hope you find that car and I am sure you will. You do need to file a police report though. Gald you are unhurt.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Re: I got hit

Originally posted by KAT6
        The driver took off a red Honda all tricked out with tinted windows.
        This is the reason I hate ricers. I hope that you or the law catch the jacka$$ and beat the sh*# out of him. I cannot figure out the mentality of people like that. What is there problem with motorcycles? They totally disregard everyone on the road. Glad to hear you are ok.
        Ricers, heres to ya :flipping:

Comment

I had the bike in neutral so no brake light on but I am 6'4" and I was standing up how could you miss that ? The hit did push my tire all the way forward so the chain is super loose. I will adjustit before I go home No license tag number I didnt get it and I didnt file a police report I will see that car again. The tuners go to a certain place to race so I will show up there with a couple of friends, this isnt over. Its okay to make a mistake but not to run from it, leaving a rider down in the median My leg was under the bike with the exhaust ontop of it. I take care of this the Marine way or I have a friend with a supercharged ford probe with a hundred shot of NOS, I will take his car.
          sigpic

Comment

I would have filed a report then went to the race and called the police when i saw the car again. THEN i would have beat his/her ass after they are arrested and released.
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
              I would have filed a report then went to the race and called the police when i saw the car again. THEN i would have beat his/her ass after they are arrested and released.
              Well said Z.

Comment

Get a lawn chair and camp out on that corner for a few days around the same time of day. It just may be he was on his way to/from work also. Chances are like most people he takes the same way everyday, around the same time.

If it's not to late file a report with the police.

As for being in neutral, you still should have had your brake on so dumbasses like the ricer would see the shiny red light and think" hey I better stop".
                Kyle

Comment

I agree a police report would be a good thing to have. Glad to hear that you are ok.

Comment

Glad to hear that you are ok!!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Holy!! Glad you are ok! Yeah, I would totally track the guy down. File a police report as well so he gets it in both ends!
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Call Lou, corey and me, we will take care of this ARSE for you. SERIOUSLY

That is BS in every sense of the word.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by KAT6
                          Riding to work this morning and I am sitting at a light when I hear screeching brakes. I didnt even look I let the clutch out and started moving forward when I got hit. I almost fell off the back, I put my foot down twice before I could stop, twisted my ankle when the bike fell but I put the bike into some dirt. No damage the dirt was freshly put in for some landscaping so it was soft. The bike looked like it went mudding, I am at work trying to get all the dirt out of the chain and sprocket. The driver took off a red Honda all tricked out with tinted windows. If I had my gun I would have emptied the clip at the car. Everyone else stopped except the driver.Go figure. I was lucky I just got wet and muddy and pissed off. If I wouldnt have started moving I would have been toast....
                          I had the bike in neutral so no brake light on but I am 6'4" and I was standing up how could you miss that ? The hit did push my tire all the way forward so the chain is super loose. I will adjustit before I go home No license tag number I didnt get it and I didnt file a police report I will see that car again. The tuners go to a certain place to race so I will show up there with a couple of friends, this isnt over. Its okay to make a mistake but not to run from it, leaving a rider down in the median My leg was under the bike with the exhaust on top of it.
                          I'm sorry to hear about it.
                          Any injuries to your leg/body -- aside from the twisted ankle, did the exhaust burn you? Any damages the bike? If the rear wheel went forward, check the plates & blots/nuts at the end of the swing arm closely...
                          Where did it happen (which intersection)?
                          How is it you fell into the median and still ended up with the exhaust on you?
                          Are you carrying any insurance for the bike?
                          Finally, when you form the posse, feel free to let me know... I will be there if you want.

=-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I was down in Saint pete going to work I just picked up some coffee and I put it in the tank bag went down to the light. when I fell over my leg was cocked back I kinda tried to protect the bike Dum I know so it got hot on the pipe before the muffler I was able to move my leg to get it off. The hit actually damaged my rear adjustments I was able to hammer it back a little bit I am going to get some used ones as a replacement just incase. The median I dumped it in didnt have the cement curb I was lucky there too. I think I used up one of my lives on that one. I am going to pull everything apart and go over it carefully when I get home.

joe
                            sigpic

Comment

I'll grab my baseball bat. Corey, will bring the case of beer.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X