No announcement yet.
X

I got hit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, Im glad you're ok. Stuff like that happens so quick you're fortunate it wasnt worse and you didnt land in the middle of traffic.

Ive seen this happen once before a number of years ago.. I was driving my car at the time. Fortunately though, in this case, the car stopped to help the guy he just hit, cops came, ambulance etc. the guy was ok, save for some bumps and bruises.. but anyways, yeah most definately a police report would have been in order and any info the other drivers could provide would definately be beneficial to hang this guy!!

Comment

FYI, I know you're pi$$ed off, and you have every right to be.. we'd all probably be the same way; I know I would.... but be careful of how much you take the law into your own hands. It could get ugly. Now, running him title for title.. yeah I'd definately do that.. teach that tard a lesson.

Comment

Just a recommendation - take it to a mech and have a professional assessment done for the damage.
        He may find something you missed.

Comment

I am home now and have calmed down I put the bike on the porch i will take it apart and look at everything When i put it back together i will be able to tell if something is wrong if I cant align the tire. I was lucky that i moved forward to give the car time to stop enough before it hit me I must have moved 10ft before I was bumped it wasnt that bad more of a scare but I was bumped while I was moving and it made me loose my balance.
          Thank you all for the posts. As much as I ride I am lucky other things havent happened to me this was small compared to what could have happened.

Joe
          sigpic

Comment

Glad you're ok. If you need help, call on me.

PS - change your sig -- you've got a place to stay

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I took the rear tire off and inspected everything no damage besides some scratches on the bike a dent or two on the exhaust, I think why my tire moved was the last time i switched sprockets I left the adjuster nuts loose and i just tighted the main bolt and put the pin thru it I dont remember tighten the adjuster bolts. That was last week. Lucky
              joe
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah well that terrible!! Whenever I am stopped at at a light..I just do the breaklight flash...just start tapping your brakelights and that usually gets their attention!

Glad to hear you are ok though!
                Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

Glad to hear you're basically OK and the bike is going to recover. St. Pete drivers are about as bad as the drivers here in Brandon. The main thing is you are allright. Now it's time for some retribution.

Comment

I've got one of those brake light bulb replacements that is a cluster of LED's. It's spins while on, and flashes when braking. Anytime I'm stopped at a light and I'm the only one, I watch my mirrors and hold that brake light on. I've been pulled over for other stuff, and cops have never said anything was wrong with the mod. Just a thought...
                    '01 TL1000R

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok. Definately get a police report, definately find the guy. Have him arrested, have his insurance replace your "damaged tire", swingarm, exaust, and replace your clear cloat, and THEN beat his @ss.

Comment

In my opinon, File a report.

If you go jump on him before this and or after this. He can have you arrested for Aggravated assault and if you use a weapon Aggravated assault with a weapon / deadly weapon. In which you will go to jail if your found guilty in court you could spend some time in jail and a fine and your bike will still be broke.

I have a friend spending 3 years in prison for something pretty similar to this.

I am not siding with him, just would hate to see you in jail.

Comment

Since it's a Honda, there will be this HUGE dent in his front fender.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident.

But you always have to have the bike in gear at a stop just for that reason, and because you will need to have the breaks on. I know they should have seen you, but cagers never see bikers so you should at least do all you can to be seen
                            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I am buying the rotating bulb for my break light and I will at least have my foot on the rear brake from now on.
                              sigpic

Comment

cool. Taht rotating bulb looks cool, I should get one too
                                Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Working...
                                X